Most important speed parts EVER!?

Started by Uncle Bob, August 16, 2007, 11:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Bob

Sounds to me like a big challenge. Well, the guys at Hot Rod think it's worth consideration; http://www.sema.org/Main/ArticleDeta...ontentID=58041

As soon as I started reading that my mind flew back to many pieces originally developed for Ford flathead eights back in the late thirty's, early forties. But then what about the big jumps in hot rod technologies of the fifty's. And then, as technology progressed we got into higher tech both under the hood and throughout the rest of the car. How will this fall out?

Well, if you follow the links it looks like it's taking a "nostalgia" lean in a big way; http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/s...WEB226SQY3YN63
Very few of the items are from the more modern era. It's probably driven by the age demographic of the readers of Hot Rod. I suspect the "Tooner Zoomer" crowd would have a very different list! :lol:
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Bib_Overalls

An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Uncle Bob

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"Sounds to me like a big challenge. Well, the guys at Hot Rod think it's worth consideration; www.sema.org/Main/ArticleDeta...ontentID=58041

As soon as I started reading that my mind flew back to many pieces originally developed for Ford flathead eights back in the late thirty's, early forties. But then what about the big jumps in hot rod technologies of the fifty's. And then, as technology progressed we got into higher tech both under the hood and throughout the rest of the car. How will this fall out?

Well, if you follow the links it looks like it's taking a "nostalgia" lean in a big way; http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/s...WEB226SQY3YN63
Very few of the items are from the more modern era. It's probably driven by the age demographic of the readers of Hot Rod. I suspect the "Tooner Zoomer" crowd would have a very different list! :lol:

Hmm, posted on another board and it works fine, try this!

www.sema.org/Main/ArticleDeta...ontentID=58041

www.zoomerang.com/recipient/s...WEB226SQY3YN63

Well, that didn't work either, sorry, don't know what to tell you other than to do a cut and paste to your browser.

Uncle Bob

EMSjunkie

Yep,, it works now. 8)

I figgered it was sumpthin' I was a doin' wrong :shock:  :oops:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Uncle Bob

It's probably just some fine wool fibers fouling your keyboard.
:wink:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"It's probably just some fine wool fibers fouling your keyboard.
:wink:

could be.......never thought about that. :?  :lol:  :lol:

but the Lanolin makes me soft and supple :oops:  :wink:  :wink:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders