Power Window Kit opnions wanted

Started by Dirk35, August 03, 2007, 11:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk35

Hey, been getting ready to get back to work on the 1934  Sedan so Im in the parts gathering phase.

What power window kits do you guys have experience with and recomnend?

Thanks.

bigdude

Dave

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

petrolhead

It's a snap! and I'm told that the motors are genuine GM ones.
Regards
Petrolhead
"Dare to be different,No Cookie Cutter Car for Me"

37fordcoupe

Nu-Relics is what I used on the 37 and it's easy, I did have one motor that had a dead spot when I put the window all the way down. Talked with them in Louisville and they gave me a new one..

Darrell
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TO MUCH SPACE

Dirk35

Wow, never thought I'd get such a varied response!

When I asked what fan, everyone answered Spal! And I really like the fan I got.

I was really hoping for kinda a unanimous (SP) decision here too.

Any other Opnions? I see two votes for NuRelics, One for Specality, one for Its a Snap.

reborn55

Replaced Juliano's unit with a Ball's--very easy install.

paul5456

NuRelics - I have had them for about ten years and no trouble.

Bob K

Nu Relics by far, just send them your regulators and they come back with GM power window motors and the wiring harness and GM switches all set to just bolt in your car in the stock location.

Better yet they warranty everything lifetime. They just sent me a new motor for my 52 vert and it was 6 years old.

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

35WINDOW

Count me in for Nu-Relics-I just sent them my '35 Ford Coupe Regulators and got them back withtin 10 Days (and that includes Ship time)-extremely impressed with the quality, and they told me that my Windows were designed to move backward as they roll down-do that with a will-fit kit.

36vicky

I looked at the Nu-Relics regulators at a show a couple years ago and liked everything except the price.  I was hoping the price would drop before I got to that point in me slow motion build.  In fact the price may have gone up, go figure.

The Nu-Relics web site doesn't mention sending in your original regulators.  It says they manufacture the regulators new.

Is there a price break if you provide original regulators as cores?  Thanks for any info, Tom G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

35WINDOW

Tom,

I paid right at $600 (including Freight)-ouch! Yes, it hurt, but when I heard a lot of horror stories about major problems with "will-fits", I sucked it up and emptied the Wallet-

as far as Cores, yes, you must provde the Cores on '35 and '36's (maybe others too, not sure), but I do understand, from the way they put it over the Phone, that that is not the case on everything-

I will say, however, that I couldn't believe that they were my old Regulators-I mean they looked like brand new, and the Gears were way overbuilt-

river1

Quote from: "35WINDOW"I will say, however, that I couldn't believe that they were my old Regulators-I mean they looked like brand new, and the Gears were way overbuilt-

pics????

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

40_Tudor

I just installed a set of Dalphin power window regulators in my 40 Tudor. (Couldn't afford a set of Nu-Relics.) Pretty easy install. Came with wiring and lighted switches, switches are a little cheep but the work OK.
They work good except I tightened the clamp down to much on the drivers door glass and cracked it. A $50 screwup.
Springfield swap is next week, I thing I'll get some bottom channel to set the glass in and put the clamps on it instead of the glass.