1938 Chevrolet buckets and seal beams.

Started by WZ JUNK, August 08, 2007, 08:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I had not looked at the headlight buckets before I bought the trick bulbs for the 1938 Chevrolet that I am working on.  Monday I removed the old seal beams to try the new lenses and I discovered that the buckets had not been modified correctly to use seal beams.  There is no provision for adjusting the lights.  Who makes an adapter to use seal beam bulbs in these buckets?  I know that years ago there was a kit to replace the old reflector and bulb with a seal beam headlight.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

See if you can find the part that holds the lights in a "40 Chevy h/l bucket. It is complete with the adjuster and all that - maybe also out of p/u bockets thru '46. Should be easy to adapt into the earlier bucket. Actually, any buld bucket could be fitted by a man of your talents.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"See if you can find the part that holds the lights in a "40 Chevy h/l bucket. It is complete with the adjuster and all that - maybe also out of p/u bockets thru '46. Should be easy to adapt into the earlier bucket. Actually, any buld bucket could be fitted by a man of your talents.

Charlie

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"See if you can find the part that holds the lights in a "40 Chevy h/l bucket. It is complete with the adjuster and all that - maybe also out of p/u bockets thru '46. Should be easy to adapt into the earlier bucket. Actually, any buld bucket could be fitted by a man of your talents.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie.

I looked at some headlight bucket assemblies that I have and they are to large to fit in the buckets easily.  I am looking for the easy fix.

The bulbs that I bought are the curved lense type that have the turn signal in the bottom.  These are very expensive headlights.  I think I paid $190 for the pair.  Now I need to make them work.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Scrap Fe

John,

I bought my seal beam adapters for my '39 Chevy from

Headlight Headquarters - Donald Axlerod
35 Timson St.
Lynn, MA 01902

(781) 598-0523

These kits were built after WWII to convert earlier headlights to seal beams and include adjusters similar to the mid 50s cars.  I think they advertise in Hemmings.

PM me if you have any questions.

I think they were $75 - $100

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Scrap Fe"John,

I bought my seal beam adapters for my '39 Chevy from

Headlight Headquarters - Donald Axlerod
35 Timson St.
Lynn, MA 01902

(781) 598-0523

These kits were built after WWII to convert earlier headlights to seal beams and include adjusters similar to the mid 50s cars.  I think they advertise in Hemmings.

Thanks, that is what I needed.  I will call them Monday.

John

PM me if you have any questions.

I think they were $75 - $100
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck