Salt Conditions 8-5-07....

Started by 1FATGMC, August 05, 2007, 06:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

SCTA just posted this:

August 5th, 2007 3:59 PM MT - SCTA ADDITIONAL REPORT

The three courses we originally prepped for Speed Week are no longer available. Course # 1 is underwater with lots of potholes. Course # 2 is partially underwater, and course # 3 still looks somewhat usable.

Our advanced team of workers are very busy establishing 2 more courses on higher ground. We have found sufficient dry salt to accommodate our normal long and short courses.

Since we are basically starting over, we would appreciate your patience as there may be a need for changes to our original event schedule.

The weather forecast is promising, but there is always the possibility of more rain. Please check here for more updates as they become available.

------------------------------------

Hooley is in eastern New Mexico as of this report and will be at my place tomorrow morning,

Sum

sirstude

Thanks for the reports Sum.  Think of us this year since I won't be down.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

1FATGMC

Quote from: "sirstude"Thanks for the reports Sum.  Think of us this year since I won't be down.

Doug

We'll miss you  :cry: ,

Sum

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Hooley is in eastern New Mexico as of this report and will be at my place tomorrow morning,

Sum

So y'all don't call or write before ya come thru here, eh :?:  :(

neither one of ya owe me money, so...........did I make ya mad last time thru or sumpthin'  :?: :oops:  :?
I promise I'll bathe next time :idea:

Vance
lonely on I-40  :cry:
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Leon

The layout has changed quite a bit, not sure where we will set up since we usually set on the long course just past the pits.  That's slated to be the short course so being on the far side of the pits will have little or no action.  Might have to set up before the food area.
http://www.scta-bni.org/SCTA-NewWeb/Bonneville/SpeedWeek_07/2007CourseLayout_2.pdf