Air conditioning

Started by kb426, July 12, 2007, 07:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Vintage air or Hotrod air? Which one and why?
TEAM SMART

river1

vintage

because my car is not on the road yet  :roll:  based only on my respect for elpolacko (from the HAMB) and his recommendation for vintage air. he builds (professionally) cars in arizona and it gets a little HOT here.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fat Cat

Vintage air. They have really good tech support if you need it.

t-vicky

Hot Rod Air.  I have one in the wifes 40 Chevy & it will freeze you out. Has worked perfect for 5 yrs. It has 4 outlets, no fighting over the middle one.  It fit under the dash without cutting the vent lever.  They sell a compleat pkg. with every thing you need.  Its cheaper than the outhers.  Just ordered one for a 60 Chevy & will be installing it as soon as it gets here.

Jokester

I agree with Vintage.  I'm on my second car with it and both worked great.  Good tech also.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

CQQL33

VINTAGE, for sure.    Had mine operational over ten years with no concerns.    Using R134 type system, works great !!!!

EMSjunkie

Vintage Air.
easy install in my coupe.
worked great when I had the old compressor.
haven't run it yet with the new shiny compressor.
need to get a couple hoses hooked up :oops:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Either. Both are good systems.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Vintage air. They have really good tech support if you need it.

I can vouch for that. I had an electrical part go bad after 9 years. I called and the tech gave me some things to check. Didn't find it and the next call the tech guy stayed on the phone and talked me through all the diagnosis while I was under the dash on a portable phone.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"Either. Both are good systems.

Fence rider :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Learpilot

My two cents worth. Don't get any A/C with vacuum motors. The A/C will work fine until you want defroster and then try to go back to vent A/C. Then you have to do the under dash shuffle. You know help the little vacuum motors close or open.  Get the electronic motors.

Rick Harris

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Either. Both are good systems.

Fence rider :lol:  :lol:

Vance

more like fence "Post' rider

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)