Ever buy a torque converter from NAPA?

Started by phat46, July 10, 2007, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

I tried to buy one there yesterday, the guy, who I know is knowledgable, said they didn't handle them. i asked if he could order one fro me. He said they don't sell them at all, can't help me!! I tried a smaller B.M.I. store down the road  and they had a converter for me today at 3:00 p.m. I thought it was odd that a NAPA store wouldn't sell torque converters......

phat46

Quote from: "chopped"
 Looks like they do sell em.

My store don't, i wonder why? It worked out well though, the one I got was just over $60.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "phat46"
My store don't, i wonder why?

Because he did not know the line codes to look them up in the computer. I can access my stores computerized system from any internet connected computer. I can tell what they have in stock and order parts they don't to be delivered to the store at any time. I can log in right now and have parts they carry in the District warehouse delivered by the morning.

phat46

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "phat46"
My store don't, i wonder why?

Because he did not know the line codes to look them up in the computer. I can access my stores computerized system from any internet connected computer. I can tell what they have in stock and order parts they don't to be delivered to the store at any time. I can log in right now and have parts they carry in the District warehouse delivered by the morning.

I don't think that's the case here, this guy is a car guy, he's worked there for many years, as long as i can remember. He's found a lot of hard to find stuff for me in the past. He said they just don't handle torque converters there. He was very apologetic about it. I think maybe it is just this particular stores policy. kinda weird though. Next time I'm in there I'll ask the owner, or his right hand man, they both went to school with me.