HEI Parts

Started by sirstude, July 03, 2007, 12:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Anyone know where to get the little plastic cover that sits below the Pickup coil on an HEI Distributor.  Mine is pretty brittle and has a small chip out of it.  Don't want to through the grease all around the distributor.  Where to get it or a common part number that I can give my 8 year old parts guy.  You all know the drill.  Also, should I be using any special kind of grease under that piece for the shaft, or just wheel grease?

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "sirstude"Anyone know where to get the little plastic cover that sits below the Pickup coil on an HEI Distributor.  Mine is pretty brittle and has a small chip out of it.  Don't want to through the grease all around the distributor.  Where to get it or a common part number that I can give my 8 year old parts guy.  You all know the drill.  Also, should I be using any special kind of grease under that piece for the shaft, or just wheel grease?

Thanks
Doug

Don't use wheel grease :!:  :!:  :roll:  :roll:

get some dielectric grease.  as for the little plastic cover thingy that sits below the pick-up coil.........I ain't got a clue :?  :oops:

I know.....absolutely no help at all.......but at least I'm consistant :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "sirstude"Anyone know where to get the little plastic cover that sits below the Pickup coil on an HEI Distributor.  Mine is pretty brittle and has a small chip out of it.  Don't want to through the grease all around the distributor.  Where to get it or a common part number that I can give my 8 year old parts guy.  You all know the drill.  Also, should I be using any special kind of grease under that piece for the shaft, or just wheel grease?

Thanks
Doug
I ain't got a clue :?  :oops:

I know.....absolutely no help at all.......but at least I'm consistant :D

Vance

dave ??

:wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

you can buy the grease at the autoparts store just like vance said but i dunno bout the plastic part either.. If i get a chance today ill look as ive got a couple hei's here...
Dave :wink:

tomslik

you coulda MADE one by now.... :lol:
matter of fact, you'll prolly HAVE to.
i've never seen 'em for sale anywhere...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

always_fixn

The gm part number you need is 1950569, an ac/delco part.  When I had to buy one the minimum order was 10, about a buck apiece.  The grease I was used was another delco part, distributor cam lubricant. Part U1901
, 12338672, excellent stuff even if it's in a small 3 oz. tube a little pricey.  Last time we tried to get some it wasn't available.  Although I can still see it available on the web.

Hope this helps.