So while I was away and thinking about car shows............

Started by Dave, July 01, 2007, 07:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I realized while I was on my trip than other than missing all my friends ive made thru the years I just dont have a reason to build a 35k car again and pay to go to a show and let people look at the * thing.. It should be the other way around :!: Dont get me wrong im gonna still do the roadster and ill be at some shows im sure but why the hell do we do this? Im still bummin about the bike crash and nice weather and no scoot. I can throw sue on the back and we can ride all day and enjoy the sights and im not paying 5,10 or 20 bucks for it.. Sure wish we coulda made the trip with it  :cry: . The worst part is we had fun on the trip seeing the kids and all but the best days for me was the other night in Lima ohio at the races and the night at Slocrow's just having fun.. Oh well ive been gone for a week got some bills to look over and ive got to clean the truck up cause the kids borrowed it while i was gone to move. Im trying not to drive it for a while again so it needs to be pretty to sit in the garage :D Then its a game plan for the roadster..And racing tuesday night and friday night and i think the following weekend ...
Dave

Ohio Blue Tip

You go to the car shows to see your friends; the many friends that you've made on line and the new friends you may meet at the shows.  You pays your money so the shows can go on.  Quit bellyaching, get your car done and get back in the game! :twisted:  
Life is good, Ken says so. :D  8)
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Dave

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"You go to the car shows to see your friends; the many friends that you've made on line and the new friends you may meet at the shows.  You pays your money so the shows can go on.  Quit bellyaching, get your car done and get back in the game! :twisted:  
Life is good, Ken says so. :D  8)

I knew you missed me Honey..
Dave :wink:

UGLY OLDS

Gee Dave ...You have to at least go to K-Zoo...I still have a bet with Frank That I CAN outrun you with 2 legs & a cane....( Should be fun to watch... :shock:  :shock: ) ... :lol:  :lol:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Gee Dave ...You have to at least go to K-Zoo...I still have a bet with Frank That I CAN outrun you with 2 legs & a cane....( Should be fun to watch... :shock:  :shock: ) ... :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Dont worry ill be there for sure.. Ill have to come out in the daily but i dont care. Ill even pay my own and sues way in LOL... I may register the roadster..  I wouldnt miss the zoo too bad i wont have a car ready..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

C9

Be selective.

I only do 2-3 car shows a year.
For the reasons stated, visit with friends etc.

Kinda strange to be sitting in an asphalt, no-shade parking lot on a 100 degrees + day and realizing I was paying for the privilige.

Two of our car shows have drag racing and one is a three day several hundred miles road trip - a little done each day - and part of it is the Saturday car show.
Not to mention the close to 600 hot rods running around town.

Just in case you forgot, car shows be damned, here's what it's all about...

Other days, just about as exciting.
Here we are waiting for the boomerang to come back

Here's why . . . my pal tossed it too far out....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Deuce

You have been going to the wrong events ...  :D

At the LA Roadsters show ... if you have a pre 37 roadster with shiny paint and upholstery ... you get in FREE ... They give you two wrist bands for free admission, feed you and the wife on Saturday evening and then give you a nice pewter mug on Sunday @ 3:30 in the afternoon.
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Gee Dave ...You have to at least go to K-Zoo...I still have a bet with Frank That I CAN outrun you with 2 legs & a cane....( Should be fun to watch... :shock:  :shock: ) ... :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Dont worry ill be there for sure.. Ill have to come out in the daily but i dont care. Ill even pay my own and sues way in LOL... I may register the roadster..  I wouldnt miss the zoo too bad i wont have a car ready..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Dave..Register the roadster..It's cheaper than spectator admission & the poor parking is the same....( Had to do it more than once with the Old's...)

Dave

Well ive been out side most of the day .. With my heaet deal i find myself taking more breaks but heres the latest. The truck is washed and vacumed and ive spent the better share of the day on the roadster frame. My intentions..  :P  Im going to angola indiana tuesday night for a race then  ive got the 4th free after i move the kids tool box down here and take him home. Friday is USAC sprints and midgets at Toledo :!:  I think my oldest is going with me. Sue is going to Ft Wayne to get  my number 1 grand daughter and she is gonna be * there is no bike to ride :cry: . Ok where were we :?:  :?:  :?:  Tomorrow and wednesday ill work on the frame . Possibly start priming saturday or sunday :D  :D  :D . I gotta have it primed next week cause I leave the following friday for the Kings Royal at Eldora speedway and then I have a rescheduled court date monday the 16th for the crash ticket then the rest of the week im going to school for work :?: I sure hope i got the dates right cause after i challenged the ticket i dont think i can get the date changed although they did it but they are the court system  :twisted:  Im thinking also the weekend after toledo is winchester for the King of the wings show... Ya know i had an offer to build this car maybe i ought to farm it out. NOT... Dave
now you know why i cant get SH*T done :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"Well ive been out side most of the day .. With my heaet deal i find myself taking more breaks but heres the latest. The truck is washed and vacumed and ive spent the better share of the day on the roadster frame. My intentions..  :P  Im going to angola indiana tuesday night for a race then  ive got the 4th free after i move the kids tool box down here and take him home. Friday is USAC sprints and midgets at Toledo :!:  I think my oldest is going with me. Sue is going to Ft Wayne to get  my number 1 grand daughter and she is gonna be * there is no bike to ride :cry: . Ok where were we :?:  :?:  :?:  Tomorrow and wednesday ill work on the frame . Possibly start priming saturday or sunday :D  :D  :D . I gotta have it primed next week cause I leave the following friday for the Kings Royal at Eldora speedway and then I have a rescheduled court date monday the 16th for the crash ticket then the rest of the week im going to school for work :?: I sure hope i got the dates right cause after i challenged the ticket i dont think i can get the date changed although they did it but they are the court system  :twisted:  Im thinking also the weekend after toledo is winchester for the King of the wings show... Ya know i had an offer to build this car maybe i ought to farm it out. NOT... Dave
now you know why i cant get SH*T done :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sounds great...What 'cha got scheduled for after lunch :?:  :?:   :P  :P  :wink:

KustomLincolnLady

c9 love that first shot!!  Thats a funny post!!

I told rob about 3 yrs ago I am so over sitting in store/dealership hot pavement shows!!!! LOL  were a lot more selective  :lol:

Debb

phat rat

I haven't been to a non NSRA or Goodguys show with my car in probably 6 years. I generally go to 1 possibly 2 cruise nights per season. I prefer driving rather than killing time at a show. If you try to find me at a show I do go to it can be a challenge as I don't hang by the car.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

C9

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"c9 love that first shot!!  Thats a funny post!!

I told rob about 3 yrs ago I am so over sitting in store/dealership hot pavement shows!!!! LOL  were a lot more selective  :lol:

Debb

Hee's what we were really doing.

Bowling ball cannons.

Shoots a ball a measured 1/2 mile.

Makes the darndest whistling noise you ever heard....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

slocrow

Quote from: "C9"Makes the darndest whistling noise you ever heard....
I assume you mean the projectile? I'm guessing it's the finger holes, you know, like blowing over a pop bottle. I wonder if you bondo them up if the noise would change and/or stop.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Leon

Quote from: "C9"
Bowling ball cannons.
Shoots a ball a measured 1/2 mile.
Doesn't it get tiring resetting the pins that far away? :lol:

Every year I think the same thing about the shows, but when I get back to shows like the Power Tour it makes it worth it.  Seeing old friends (saw a few of the group in K'zoo) and several others that I haven't seen in years.  Made new friends that we'll see next year.   Had a great time camping!

this shot was taken by the guys at Mother's Wax.