Ahhhhhhhhhh the smell of body filler....

Started by Dave, July 02, 2007, 07:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Now i know why i dont really wanna build another car. Its not bad enuff i smell like bondo (TM)  :lol:  Im all sweaty too.. Anyway my buddy that i did the yellow a for and is an x bodyman says were gonna throw primer on wednesday in the am.. Nope nada no way aint gonna happen. Im too picky and from the old school.. Id like my filler on the bare metal after 80 grit please.. Pass the hardner will ya.. Well im on it.......
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

donsrods

I'm at the same stage, and it is my least favorite job.  I could never be a bodyman, just don't have the patience for it.  I really can't wait till I finally get some primer on it.   :(  :(

Don

Dave

I used to do it part time years ago Don.. That cash got me my first hot rod a 27t roadster that i over a 2 year period totally rebuilt . The fun for cash deal is over now though..  :lol:
Dave

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"Its not bad enuff i smell like bondo (TM)  :lol:  Im all sweaty too..  

I thought you smelled like chicken :?:  :?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

slocrow

Never mind, I thought this was a "your trip" post about food  :)
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

48builder

Quote from: "jusjunk"Pass the hardner will ya.. Well im on it.......

I'm spreading bondo and sanding some every night. I've been paying my son to help sand, but he usually quits after about 30 minutes. With all the custom mods and welding I did on my car, there are LOTS of places to put bondo. I got everything pretty close, but some filler makes it perfect. I may try to spray a little primer this weekend.

The good news is, it's finally starting to look like a car!

BTW, I've been using Rage filler. Love the stuff. I got a gallon of Extreme for the final coat over everything, been using the the other Rage type so far.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Dave

Quote from: "48builder"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Pass the hardner will ya.. Well im on it.......

I'm spreading bondo and sanding some every night. I've been paying my son to help sand, but he usually quits after about 30 minutes. With all the custom mods and welding I did on my car, there are LOTS of places to put bondo. I got everything pretty close, but some filler makes it perfect. I may try to spray a little primer this weekend.

The good news is, it's finally starting to look like a car!

BTW, I've been using Rage filler. Love the stuff. I got a gallon of Extreme for the final coat over everything, been using the the other Rage type so far.

Walt

Ill have to try some rage. i JUST GOT SOME GENERIC BONDO BRAND BUT WHEN I GET INTO THE REAL BODY WORK IM GONNA USE DURAGLASS(dam caps lock) and then sumpin else for a finish coat like i did on the coupe.
Dave