Final decision on the Harley.

Started by Dave, July 03, 2007, 11:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

My bike is getting fixed :!: After telling me blue book was 15,500 and if we hit 70% of that for parts and labor they would total it now they told us its not near being totaled :?: Well they acted fast and after reserching a little more on the 07 models and predicting no real crazy changes for the 08's i guess id rather have it fixed..  Im kinda leary about the 6 speed in the 07-08 models as its a 1to1 drive and just mainly a highway like 80mph gear.. I dont need one  :lol: The shop doing the work told me to stop down and we would get together on how much they need to get started but im gonna call em back and tell  em to figure it up and ill be down with a check. The insurance co is over nighting me a check and im not worried id just like to get parts on the way as soon as possible..
Dave

EMSjunkie

Now maybe you'll quityerbitchin :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Now maybe you'll quityerbitchin :lol:

Vance

No way i wanna ride and ill * till i get my bike back  :lol:
Dave :wink:

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "jusjunk"My bike is getting fixed :!: After telling me blue book was 15,500 and if we hit 70% of that for parts and labor they would total it now they told us its not near being totaled :?: Well they acted fast and after reserching a little more on the 07 models and predicting no real crazy changes for the 08's i guess id rather have it fixed..  Im kinda leary about the 6 speed in the 07-08 models as its a 1to1 drive and just mainly a highway like 80mph gear.. I dont need one  :lol: The shop doing the work told me to stop down and we would get together on how much they need to get started but im gonna call em back and tell  em to figure it up and ill be down with a check. The insurance co is over nighting me a check and im not worried id just like to get parts on the way as soon as possible..
Dave

Thats great Dave!!!!  what kind of time frame are you looking at? seems like you should be on the road pretty quick  :lol:

I won't tell you how much fun were having with ours  :twisted:

Debb

Dave

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Quote from: "jusjunk"My bike is getting fixed :!: After telling me blue book was 15,500 and if we hit 70% of that for parts and labor they would total it now they told us its not near being totaled :?: Well they acted fast and after reserching a little more on the 07 models and predicting no real crazy changes for the 08's i guess id rather have it fixed..  Im kinda leary about the 6 speed in the 07-08 models as its a 1to1 drive and just mainly a highway like 80mph gear.. I dont need one  :lol: The shop doing the work told me to stop down and we would get together on how much they need to get started but im gonna call em back and tell  em to figure it up and ill be down with a check. The insurance co is over nighting me a check and im not worried id just like to get parts on the way as soon as possible..
Dave

Thats great Dave!!!!  what kind of time frame are you looking at? seems like you should be on the road pretty quick  :lol:

Debb

Well Debb they are telling me the hold up will be with the painted parts. Fairing,bags trunk etc. The other parts he says he will have in a couple weeks. The next hurdle is getting the money down to him to get stuff ordered. If i give him a personal check or even a cashiers check it takes time for them toi clear although i gotta believe he has enuff money around to cover most of the parts(remember this an independant shop) .
Any delay holds up the process so im gonna stop tomorrow evening and go from there. Im heading to angola right after work tonite with sue and my boys for the races and then toleedo friday so that only leaves tomorrow to get something going. Im sure it will work out ok.
Dave :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Now maybe you'll quityerbitchin :lol:

Vance

No way i wanna ride and ill * till i get my bike back  :lol:
Dave :wink:

Gee Dave. Are you sure you really wouldn't rather have a Hond....    Oops...Never mind.... :P  :P  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Dave

Debb

Well Debb they are telling me the hold up will be with the painted parts. Fairing,bags trunk etc. The other parts he says he will have in a couple weeks. The next hurdle is getting the money down to him to get stuff ordered. If i give him a personal check or even a cashiers check it takes time for them toi clear although i gotta believe he has enuff money around to cover most of the parts(remember this an independant shop) .
Any delay holds up the process so im gonna stop tomorrow evening and go from there. Im heading to angola right after work tonite with sue and my boys for the races and then toleedo friday so that only leaves tomorrow to get something going. Im sure it will work out ok.

no personal check or any kind of check, give him cash that'll get him going
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

tomslik

nope, plastic.
that way you can contest it if need be
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat rat

Quote from: "tomslik"nope, plastic.
that way you can contest it if need be

You have a point, but it's only money for some of the parts not the entire bill.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

wow , that is great .

ride well . and often.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"wow , that is great .

ride well . and often.

Im ready Tony.. * youve got a new scoot and mine is broke :lol:  :lol:
I really want to ride. and no its not a macho ive crashed and im still gonna ride thing .. 8)  I still have elbow problems but i really miss my bike :!:
Hopefully this isnt gonna be a long down time.
Dave
ps: Thanks its appreciated (spelling)

Crosley.In.AZ

dave... you will get there.

I'd like to see you wear at least a jacket (besides the helmet)  of some type to protect your upper body

Boots up above the ankle help protect the feet and ankle when sliding around on asphalt.

A buddy of mine wears HD boots with logos and the bottom of the boots tread says "Harley" on them ...... as he rides his Honda.  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Got a cashiers check for 8k ill be dropping off tomorrow. The head man told me the painted parts (the longest delay have been ordered.) Cool.. The ony othe problem is ive got a *  summertime cold i fell like s^&T. I was thinking the ins co tolm me id have a check over night and id get it today. Sent to me.. well im ahead of them but i wonder how it will be made out.. Noy a problem if its in mine and the shops name we will get it worked out.. I did tell george the head honcho about my pcII that i put in the bike and he said he will have my buddy tom the engine guy make it really run good. He said he doesnt even start with a canned map and in an hour and a half it will be done.. I like that