somewhere west

Started by phat rat, June 21, 2007, 04:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Some pics from the trip. The one with only the car and some plastic in front (covering 2 flatties) was going over the Big Horns west of Sheridan Wy. The other two are somewhere in Montana after picking up a couple of cowls and a roadster body. Had a fun trip and put about 4700 mi on the truck. Was in Neb, S.D., Wy, Mt, N.D. Manitoba, Mn, Wi. and back home over the top through the U.P.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "phat rat"............going over the Big Horns west of Sheridan Wy...........................

Lived by Sheridan for 14 years and was in the Big Horns many times camping.  You must have been near Burgess Junction.

I'm glad the trip went well for you  :D ,

Sum

phat rat

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "phat rat"............going over the Big Horns west of Sheridan Wy...........................

Lived by Sheridan for 14 years and was in the Big Horns many times camping.  You must have been near Burgess Junction.

I'm glad the trip went well for you  :D ,

Sum

Your right. I took that pic westbound before Burgess Junction

EMSjunkie

ya need a bigger trailer :shock:  :wink:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat rat

I already knew that. In fact what I really wanted to do was buy a 32-35 footer. I just wasn't sure I could afford to do that on a fixed income. LOL. If I would have had a bigger trailer I definitely would've had a 27 T cpe on there also.

donsrods

Are those just things you found along the way, or were you going specifically to pick those up?

Neat looking sedan.

Don

phat rat

Quote from: "donsrods"Are those just things you found along the way, or were you going specifically to pick those up?

Neat looking sedan.

Don

The 42, flatheads and a new repop T bed were bought before I left. The rest I picked up along the way. The sedan is complete and for sale.
Below is some of what I picked up.
2 49-53 flatheads both complete
2 cowls
1 roadster body, p/u? of unknow origin at this time
7 pair 45 fin Buick drums
Cad aircleaner
3-4 pair Guide lights
pair of Guide top light housings and lenses
bunch of extra flathead stuff (flywheel, bellhousings, starters, starter plates, etc)
A rear x
A rear spring
Kaiser rear license guard

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice trip, glad you got back in good order. The guide lights and Buick drums alone will probably pay for the trip.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Nice trip, glad you got back in good order. The guide lights and Buick drums alone will probably pay for the trip.

Charlie

Good thinking but not quite. The gas was $1500, mpg average was 10, plus 3 restaurant meals and 1 night in a hotel. I really did it on the cheap and the sleeper more than paid for itself on the first outing.