disk or drum

Started by art.flame, June 16, 2007, 03:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art.flame

For my 62 t-bird that needs better brakes
I'm looking for a diskbrake conversion does anyone know who makes them?

or are ther other ford that i can use

thx Art

enjenjo

The later Tbird discs will fit, 66 to 69. I'll do some checking to see if there is anything else.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

that 62 would have a single port master cyl ? ...... .

I'd upgrade all the parts related to disc brakes.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

art.flame

thats correct i have to change the MC to

UGLY OLDS

Hey Art...I don't know if you have access to "Hot Rod Magazine"  ( Maybe try "www.hotrod.com"  :?:  :?: )  But the Aug '07 issue has a very thorough article about putting disc brakes on '63-64 T-Birds on page #167....Hope this helps.. :) ..BV
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

slocrow

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Hey Art...I don't know if you have access to "Hot Rod Magazine"  ( Maybe try "www.hotrod.com"  :?:  :?: )  But the Aug '07 issue has a very thorough article about putting disc brakes on '63-64 T-Birds on page #167....Hope this helps.. :) ..BV
I was just going to sat that..............
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

UGLY OLDS

OK Guy's ...Here's the scoop....Art.flame pm'ed me advising me he can't find the mag & cannot access it on the web...I went to the HRM website & also could not access it...Do anybody have a way of copying the article, ( Scanner maybe ????) , & forwarding it to him as an E-mail???  I have heard of this process but don't have a clue as to how it works...The article is pretty complete & I think has the info he's looking for....It's approx 2 pages....Idea's  :?:  :?:  :?:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"OK Guy's ...Here's the scoop....Art.flame pm'ed me advising me he can't find the mag & cannot access it on the web...I went to the HRM website & also could not access it...Do anybody have a way of copying the article, ( Scanner maybe ????) , & forwarding it to him as an E-mail???  I have heard of this process but don't have a clue as to how it works...The article is pretty complete & I think has the info he's looking for....It's approx 2 pages....Idea's  :?:  :?:  :?:

Your gonna hate me cause i think i just tossed it..
Ill look though.
dave

sorry itsa goner.. i dont keep hot rod

kb426

I have mine. If you can wait a week or so, I'll get it scanned. I'm backed up right know.
TEAM SMART

art.flame

wow thx for the effort please send some scans to art.flame@wxs.nl

Art