It looks like I am in the market for a 40 ford

Started by junkyardjeff, June 05, 2007, 06:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I got the papers in the mail today to sign so the property up north can be sold and I am starting the hunt for a 40 ford,I would like a coupe but a 2 door sedan or a sedan delivery would do.  A woody wagon or convertible is out of my price range plus if I could find a affordable woody it would need much wood repairs and I am not a carpenter,I would like to find a un molested barn find as I dont know the direction I will be going on the drivetrain and suspension but would consider one that has been hacked on some.  I seen brookvilles 32 3 window at a swapmeet but I need to use some of the money to extend the garage and do some repairs on the house so a 32 is out of the question.  Jeff

junkyardjeff

I will keep you in mind,I am kind of looking for one a little less expensive (if possible) as I dont want to spend all the money I am getting on a car since the house needs a bunch of work too.   It looks like I will have to sell my 65 country squire first as I dont want a 40 to sit outside.  Jeff

Dave

There is one on ebay right now thats here in michigan. It needs a frame but it was a running hot rod and he said the body is nice. Its a 40 sedan.
Dave

junkyardjeff

I am watching it but since its not rolling I probably wil not bid on it since it would have to sit outside for awhile and the city would be on me quick,there is one for sale locally that has the chassis done and a recessed firewall and rolls but the seller has been trying to sell it for about 3 years and when I get my money (next week) I am going to take what I want to pay and flash it in his face and see what happens.  Jeff

Dave

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I am watching it but since its not rolling I probably wil not bid on it since it would have to sit outside for awhile and the city would be on me quick,there is one for sale locally that has the chassis done and a recessed firewall and rolls but the seller has been trying to sell it for about 3 years and when I get my money (next week) I am going to take what I want to pay and flash it in his face and see what happens.  Jeff

Always nice when you can do the CIM thing  :?: (cash in Mitt) :lol:  :lol:
Dave
ps: where was your property?

junkyardjeff

The property was about 90  miles north of Grand rapids,it was 60 acres with 3 small lakes that I did not want to see go but I could not afford to keep it plus I had two cousins in on it and one lives in North Carolina and he was tired of spending money on it and could not use it easily.  I thought about moving up there and if I did the taxes would of went down about 45 percent  but the way things go if I had it all set up with a garage and liveable year round one of my cousins would of wanted their money and there are no jobs up there that payed enough to buy them out so I guess its time for it to go.  In a way I am glad I dont have to pay the bills for it anymore but I am sad that I wont be able to go up there again and a developer bought it and it will be developed,if I move anywhere it will be south where its warmer as I am getting tired of cold weather.  Jeff