34 Dodge coupe windshield measurments and gas tank

Started by Erick, May 27, 2007, 10:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erick

I'm building a 34 Dodge coupe and have a windshield frame from a 4 dr. sedan. I am wondering what the outside measurements of a coupe windshield frame are as I am planning on cutting down the height of the sedan frame to fit my coupe. Has anyone ever had experience doing this before?

I'm also wondering what other gas tank could interchange? Just hoping to find something that will hold more gas than the original.

Any help with this is appreciated.

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. Can't help you on the windshield frame, but on the gas tank, check out US Boats. They have a ton of aluminum tanks in many shapes and sizes
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Erick

Enjenjo. Thanks for the reply. I ended up with a surpise the other day with the gas tank. Some of my family got together and bought a new one from Tanks for a college graduation gift! I don't think I can go wrong with that!

Charlie Chops 1940

Not trying to be a wise guy, but you need to measure your opening and your w/s frame and cut accordingly. Not a lot of '34 Dodges around and probably less w/s frames.

Have you tried the frame you have? Is the top of it the same width at your opening? Is the bottom the same width as your opening? Does the w/s frame disassemble at the top or bottom?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!