agent orange update

Started by dragrcr50, May 28, 2007, 01:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

well I lunched the big block in agent orange, well broke a lifter and wasted the damshaft . So I bought a medlin 406 small block out of arkansas turnkey 583 hp on pump gas for the vicky.  got it going straight i think with new springs and diff ladder bar set up.  got a good 1/8th mile run a week ago of 6.67 at 100 mph with a quarter of the throttle stopped out of it and coasted to a 11.02 at 93 1/4 so with some luck it should run 10.o's like i want.
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Crosley.In.AZ

thanks for the update....... sounds like more fun
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

1FATGMC

Neat Sam  :D .  The motor you broke though was one of the best sounding motors I ever hear :D .  Didn't hurt that you were running it inside.  Hope you are going to fix it so it lives to run another day,

Sum

dragrcr50

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Neat Sam  :D .  The motor you broke though was one of the best sounding motors I ever hear :D .  Didn't hurt that you were running it inside.  Hope you are going to fix it so it lives to run another day,

Sum
I have it ready to go less camshaft now.  I am going to sell it since it is a 375 hp 396 4 bolt 69 numbers block and heads. someone restoring a muscle chevy needs this more than i do ... this 406 is a killer mtr , wait till you hear it run... cant wait to make a full pass if it will ever stop raining here, *..........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Charlie Chops 1940

Sam,

Is that a long rod 406? I've got one of those on the stand; was for my '40 before the ZZ4 crate motor came along. Don't know what I'll use it in but I've got aluminum heads and all the good stuff for it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Sam,

Is that a long rod 406? I've got one of those on the stand; was for my '40 before the ZZ4 crate motor came along. Don't know what I'll use it in but I've got aluminum heads and all the good stuff for it.

Charlie
yes Charlie it is  a 6 inch rod mtr with flat tops and two valve relief wiesco pistons, eagle rods, cola crank 4 bolt splayed mains and dart 230 iron eagle platnum heads with 2.08 and 1.77 valves  597 crane cam and jackson gear drive with msd.  850 holley makes 507 lbs tqe at 5k and 583 at 6800 hp