14 inch street tires

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, May 20, 2007, 12:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

It seems it is getting tough to buy a BFG Radial T/A  235 x 60 x 14 tire.... also a 215 x 60 x 14 tire .

WHY? 14 inch wheels you ask?  I have a new set of Cragar Street Star wheels I bought 6 or 7 yrs ago. They have never been used or mounted tires on them. I hate to throw them away

Local tire store I deal with says his warehouses would need to order the tires IF they can get them.

Online stores show in stock till i try to finalize the order.  

Onlinetires . com seems to stock the tires. Can not confirm that though ( tonight)

Tire rack . com says to "call them" during business hours.

18 & 20 inch tires and wheels do not really fit well under a 61 Dodge Lancer

:T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

I ended up buying a used set ot 285/70/15 bfg's from a guy on the HAMB. I tried the online stores too but i could never confirm they had them and i even put in an order to one then called em and they wouldnt talk to me? Wierd place and people. Watch the canada store as shipping is stupid high.
Dave :!:  :wink:

1FATGMC

I run little 185 X 60 X 14's on the front of my truck and they are good for only 30,000 - 35,000 miles.  I haven't been able to get that size in the BFG t/a's for some time and I need that size for clearance.  I switched to jap tires and have been happy with them.  I can't tell a difference on the road and they seem to last a little longer and I can find them about anyplace.  In fact this started when I was in New Mexico and had an unrepairable flat at a car show on Sunday and the only place that was open was Sears, Sams and Walmart.

I've had a lot of people look at my truck and they never commented on the tires no matter what brand they are.  Of course I have fenders over them  8) .

c ya,

Sum