Disc brake spacer

Started by kb426, May 13, 2007, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I put 85 Lincoln mark ? small bearing disc brakes on my 32. The drum brake backing plate is about .125" thick. The disc brake backing plate is .350" thick. Does anybody know if there's a spacer that goes in between the retainer and the bearing that takes up the space?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

If it will allow the bearing to move in and out, you will need some kind of spacer. I would make one.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

You are correct about it moving. I wanted to know if there was a factory spacer that I could pickup from a salvage yard. I've never taken a Lincoln apart to know whats different from the standard 9" small bearing end.
TEAM SMART

Dave

My ford svo kit has spacers. They are the dimension of the outer bearing race. I cut mine in half so i could install em with out pressing the bearing off the shaft. The other option would have been to notch em the axle size. You will prolly have to have some made. If you have trouble let me know as there is a possibility I could make you some here at work.
Dave

kb426

I guess I'll take some circles of 1/4" alum and make some. I think the c-clip method will make it easier to put in. With the emegency brake shoes in place, there isn't much space to work in. Thanks, Dave.
TEAM SMART