While you boys and girls watched Sat. morning cartoons....

Started by 1FATGMC, April 29, 2007, 12:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

........ John (WZJUNK) and Larry did the following.  I'll let him explain,

Sum

Dave

I didnt watch any cartoons because i really dont understand them :?: I do however understand the art of laying a little glass.. Ive done it myself..
Nice work
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

WZ JUNK

Thanks for posting Sum.

I will finishing up the mounting of the cover in the morning.  I also laid up two other pieces yesterday.  It was a shame to only use a small piece of the * trans cover.  I could have made the whole piece out of glass but it was a little easier to do it this way.  When I mount the cover and instal the boots I will take another picture.

I will mount the through the floor gas pedal next, then the brake pedal and the steering column.  I had the customer set in the car a few days ago and we mocked it all up.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"How many layers are you using?

Six layers on this piece.  I alternate with cloth and matt.  On this job I used smaller pieces and overlapped them a lot.  I was not interested in a smooth finish but more for strength and shape.  It will all be covered with insulation and carpet.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

40 Chev Coupe

I don't get up early enough to watch cartoons. What time are they on?

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"I don't get up early enough to watch cartoons. What time are they on?

Could be anytime...Normally transmitted direct to the world from southern Michigan....... :P  :P  :P  :roll:  :roll:

Glass work looks great John.... :!:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

1FATGMC

John just sent me this followup picture to the transmission cover he and Larry made and asked me to post it.  Nice work John,

Sum