Alternator

Started by teal32, May 03, 2007, 06:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teal32

I'm going to replace my 140 amp, 1 wire alternator on the '40 Chevy with a chrome one. I have been looking at Tuff Stuff and Powermaster. Was wondering which way to go. I'll probably replace the a/c compressor with chrome too. Where are the best prices. Would like to save a couple of bucks, to spend on the $3.20 gas later on.
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

Dave

Quote from: "teal32"I'm going to replace my 140 amp, 1 wire alternator on the '40 Chevy with a chrome one. I have been looking at Tuff Stuff and Powermaster. Was wondering which way to go. I'll probably replace the a/c compressor with chrome too. Where are the best prices. Would like to save a couple of bucks, to spend on the $3.20 gas later on.

Ive got a powermaster on the coupe and its ok .. Its a low amp model.. I got a 100 amp for the roadster and i bought it on egay and its nice.. Of course its not on the car caus e the car is in pieces..
Dave

Rayvyn

I just ripped the generator and old voltage regulator out of my 55 Pontiac and tossed them in the outhouse. I went with the chrome 1 wire Powermaster. I like it. Had to redo the brackets somewhat but it was worth it.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

keep an eye out on Ebay. I picked up a 110 amp for a good price, I don't recall offhand what price for sure. I think about $110 shipped and this for polished aluminum
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.