almost done (trailer)

Started by phat rat, April 21, 2007, 05:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Well only have the headach rack and winch to put on now. Had some help this morning and got the sleeper on. Worked on it the rest of the day myself and got it all bolted down. I took it out and it pulls like a dream. Can't hardly wait to take a trip and use it.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Looks good Jack......How bout a picture of the inside?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

tomslik

QuoteCan't hardly wait to take a trip and use it.

well, there ya have it, free hauling :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Carps

That's one gawsdarned fine lookin traila ya got there, but I think your race car fell off.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"Well only have the headach rack and winch to put on now. Had some help this morning and got the sleeper on. Worked on it the rest of the day myself and got it all bolted down. I took it out and it pulls like a dream. Can't hardly wait to take a trip and use it.

Any thoughts of putting on a couple of spoilers or deflectors to keep the wind from hitting the face of that thing and trashing the gas mileage...?

Neat looking rig, though. Only a true hotrodder leaves room for 22' worth of cars and parts and dedicates only 4' for himself. Must be planning a lot of shopping, huh? Need a backup driver... :?:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Carps, no race cars, projects and parts.  Bry, my son already suggested maybe I should buy the turbo wing he's not using. As far as gas mileage I get 10 hauling my 6 X 10 and around 7-8.5 hauling a 30 ft travel trailer, probably do between them with this.  40, haven't finished the inside yet. It's burgundy leather with gray headliner except where the crawl through was and right now that's just bare plywood. There's storage on the bottom and sleeper on top

phat rat

OK for those that wondered what the interior was like here are a couple of shots. Still need to cover the area on the front wall that's plywood. This is an old semi -sleeper not something I built, so I had to close the pass through from the cab. I also need to get a mattress, well thick foam actually to sleep on

phat rat

Well it's done now. Everything is hooked up and working. First trip with it comes in June.  I bought a car in eastern Wy last night so I'll be picking that up plus it'll be a parts hunting trip. I figure on hitting the Dakotas, Mt., Manitoba?, Mn., Wi. and the U.P. While in Mt I'm going to go and visit SirStude and see his stuff also.

Jbird

Are you sure there's enough room for you and a truckstop hooker in that sleeper?  Lookin good.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

phat rat

well IF I wanted to do that yea there'd be room. Don't believe I will though

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"well IF I wanted to do that yea there'd be room. Don't believe I will though

Smart man.. Divorces get ugly..
Dave :wink:

phat rat

Mama didn't raise me dumb! Maybe ugly but not dumb  :wink: