Vintage Air

Started by Low87, May 03, 2004, 05:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low87

The Blazer I'm picking up tonight came from Chevy w/o air.  I'm going to need it, any thougts on Vintage Air or something similar?  Has anyone installed one?  Prices?  Thanks!

enjenjo

There are several companies than make a "factory look" add on air unit for pickups and blazers. Costs about $800 or there about. Fairly easy install.

By the way, welcome back :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Low87

Thanks enjenjo!  Been stuck in TX lately?

enjenjo

Not lately LOL. That truck was fixed down there, and hasn't given a minutes trouble since then.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dirk35

I would think there is more than a couple of Pick-a-part places in Tulsa you could stop by and get the parts you need off of a rolled blazer. Me personally, Id call up Bill White's Auto Salvage in Enid, and get all the parts neeeded to be a direct bolt in and then get a  compressor from a late late 90s thatll bolt up. They have treated me real well and Id go back to them in a heart beat.

You might also call up JW Auto Salvage in Stillwater and see if he has anything that new. (405)547-2580.

Not sure how much work/cash youd want to put in it, but I always search for the cheapest.

Dont forget to get the R134 system as getting the R12 charged is expensive!

Low87

Thanks Dirk!  There are some remnants that look like someone either hooked up factory pieces for air or tried.  Compressor hoses are there, and the pieces in the grill/radiator (forget what they are).  Might go that route.

Dirk35

Its just a thought, but Im cheap. I personallywould also think that a GM designed system would fit better and easier that a one-fits-all type. Theyll both have their hassles though.

Low87

Vintage Air actually has a system designed for specific year Chevy trucks.  I've seen pictures of an install in a 67-72, looks very nice!  Takes the place of the factory heater.