Grill for my 36 Dodge

Started by Learpilot, February 07, 2007, 09:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

I have a question for all. I am going to replace my broken grill in my 36 Dodge with a new aftermarket grill. I have two to chose from.
www.alumicraft.com
www.hergrilles.com
Has anybody used ether one of these grills?  I would like the hear the good, and the bad.
Thanks for help !!!
Rick Harris

Dave

this isnt much help but ive heard good things about alumacraft. never tried one though.
Dave :wink:

sirstude

A friend of mine got the alumicraft for his 36 Chevy and it is really nice.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Learpilot"I have a question for all. I am going to replace my broken grill in my 36 Dodge with a new aftermarket grill. I have two to chose from.
www.alumicraft.com
www.hergrilles.com
Has anybody used ether one of these grills?  I would like the hear the good, and the bad.
Thanks for help !!!
Rick Harris

A good friend has an alumicraft in a '36 Plymouth....Fits good...looks great..A little "pricey" but good people to deal with....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Learpilot

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "Learpilot"I have a question for all. I am going to replace my broken grill in my 36 Dodge with a new aftermarket grill. I have two to chose from.
www.alumicraft.com
www.hergrilles.com
Thanks for help !!!
Rick Harris

A good friend has an alumicraft in a '36 Plymouth....Fits good...looks great..A little "pricey" but good people to deal with....
THANKS for the info !!!
Rick Harris

Carps

Choco found a nice grille for his mmid 30s mopar in the local supermarket parking lot.  It was very inexpensive, and he can use the leftover dolly wheels and push handle for something else.  :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Carps isn't joking either! You need to ask Choco about his grille!

acr

I got an Alumicraft grill for my '36 Plymouth & it is OK constructon wise. It took forever to get & I got a lot of excuses about the delay, maybe legit, maybe not.
I had to spend a lot of time fitting the grill to the grill shell, as with most (all?!??) hot rod stuff you don't just "bolt it in". I had to modify the brackets that came with it & that is my main complaint. I think the mounting system could be better.

rumrumm

Personally, I would prefer a steel or stainless grill over aluminum simply because they are stronger and the stainless will look better longer than aluminum. I have seen some aluminum grills in '32 Fords, and they don't look nearly as nice as stainless ones do. But I have not seen or dealt with HER products so I cannot respond to that part of your question.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com