My TPI experience

Started by Okiedokie, March 06, 2012, 02:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiedokie

For those that offered input. After all of  Wayne's asssitance in educating me, and a neighbor that I discovered does Vette tuning as a second job, I finally just started driving the 40. It has gotten better and better to the point it now starts nicely cold and hot. My neighbor checked all of my adjustments and thought it had to be an injector problem and I should replace them. Since they were new I was hesitant to do that. Since the injectors had sat with gas in them for sometime after my intial start up do to the cracked head problem, I decided to just drive the darn thing and see what happened. So far, so good. I did run some Lucas cleaner thru, don't know if that helped or not, but at least I am enjoying the car now. Thank again to all. Joe

kb426

Is wfo for awhile the answer? :D
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Don't forget Joe ... The processor in your car has "Block Learn " capabilities ...IE:  It "remembers" how the engine was driven & is constantly "relearning" mixtures / spark advance / etc .... Soooo... The more you drive it ..The more it "learns" ...  The more it learns ..The better it will run .... My '90 Firebird ran like crap every time the battery was disconnected for any reason ... 2 days of driving corrected it every time ......

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

for those who drop through.. might want to print this chart...

once the car is running...

looking at the Fuel integrator   if the car is running good..
should be close to 128

same with the block learn..  close to 128...

if the throttle stop adjustment is correct.. once warmed up.. the IAC should be somewhere between 20 and 50...   Idle air counts are the stepper motor that bypasses air around the throttle blades..   if the idle air counts are BELOW 20.. you need to close the throttle more or fix vacuum leaks.. if the idle air counts are above 50.. the throttle is too far closed.. coolant temp also effects idle air counts..

if you don't have a scan tool... and have an 82 to 95 GM car or truck.. with computerized fuel control..   you will really want to check this post i put up..offsite..  these can sometimes be found on CL...

if you as RRT members run across one. and want to know about it..   copy the ad URL.. and send it to me in a Private message..  if i am around.. i will reply.. very shortly..  please include what year make and model you will need it on.. so i can verify it may work with what comes...

http://forums.vetteweb.com/70/9096531/corvette-tech-discussion/scan-tools-that-work-w-later-c3-and-c4-corvettes-t/index.html

40_Tudor

Glad you got it figured out.
I have almost 10K on my TPI 40 Tudor. I need to stop driving it and finish the body and paint it.
It's too much fun to drive though.

Joe