Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach Fla.

Started by Carnut, March 29, 2007, 09:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chpd46

I am long time rider as well I remember about 1990 or 91, I was thinking of stepping off of my 52 pan (EL and I STILL have it) and getting a new bike , a long time bro and bike hustler extrordinair , stopped me , he said- "wait , about 2001 there will be a glut in nice low milage bikes- CHEAP" these lame a-- dentists, lawyers and old fart wannabe's will get tired of bumping around ,getting wet and bugs in their permed hair fast + let the bikes just profile in the drive and sell later cheap w low hours" , HIS words, not mine but by god he was right, just off by a few years.Everywhere I go I see Harleys at the end of drives for sale ,Too bad I am too crippled up to ride now.  well...  maybe this will happen w cars.
Mopars do seem to coming down pretty fast. Anyone see that hemi car sell so cheap?  rods are coming down mostly because of glut, age group changes and Muscle popularity (same thing as the sixtie days ) I think. Anyway you look at it however BJ is entertaining.I'll never go there and bid is all. In five years I won't be able to afford gas todrive them anyway and will probably get arrested for moonshining my own gas  :wink:

Deuce

Quote from: "chpd46"a long time bro and bike hustler extrordinair , stopped me , he said- "wait , about 2001 there will be a glut in nice low milage bikes- CHEAP" these lame a-- dentists, lawyers and old fart wannabe's will get tired of bumping around ,getting wet and bugs in their permed hair fast + let the bikes just profile in the drive and sell later cheap w low hours" ,              

Funny that he choose 2001 ... I bought the Concord Purple Harley Deuce ( a 2001 ) new in December 2000 ... I had sold some other stuff so I wrote the man a check for it. 6 months later I had a heart attack and was DEAD on the floor for 5 to 6 minutes before the EMS folks got me jump started.

After the 5 bypass surgery, I could not ride one ... so I sold the 2001 ( for more $$$ than I had in it   :)  ) ... the market was still strong. A few years later when I got where I was comfortable on 2 wheels again ... the market had really changed. You could buy a new Harley for less than they cost 3 or 4 years before ... and the used ones were priced like a used bike should be ... a few thousand dollars a year depreciated in price ...

Wonder if that will happen with the early V8 Fords ???
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?