The Tuna Boat has seat Belts and Carpet !!!!

Started by msuguydon, March 18, 2007, 08:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"Looks good Don... );b(
Did you ever get that Chrome Caddy aircleaner yet?

Nope, I went with the Hellings Style Chrome Air Cleaner with a Mooneyes, Mr. Skull nut.  

Thats way too nice under there kid.. Get some dirt on there :lol:  :lol:
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

NO Dirt Allowed... this Skipper runs a tidy ship!
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Rayvyn

Hey Don,
pick up a can of that black vinyl (upholstery) spray paint from Auto Zone, Advanced or wherever, spray some in a can, and use a cheap 1/2" artists brush and paint that radiator hose. Or use some of that tire black stuff if you can find it. It'll spiff it right up.
Looking good dude... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

msuguydon

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Hey Don,
pick up a can of that black vinyl (upholstery) spray paint from Auto Zone, Advanced or wherever, spray some in a can, and use a cheap 1/2" artists brush and paint that radiator hose. Or use some of that tire black stuff if you can find it. It'll spiff it right up.

HEY Thanks for the tip, been considering going with some form of chrome or braided hose, but I am trying to dance the line of "nice chrome accents" and going over board.  What's the skinny on Chrome Radiator hoses?  Looks like there is slip over covers and the real deal.  Thoughts, comments? Tips, Cautions

A question, why do you suggest you paint using a brush, why not just spray???

sirstude

Better yet, spend some time in the back room of the local parts house and get a formed hose.  Those universal hoses, put pressure on the radiator and can cause leaks, and failures.  Besides, IMHO, the formed hoses look much better.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Rayvyn

HEY Thanks for the tip, been considering going with some form of chrome or braided hose, but I am trying to dance the line of "nice chrome accents" and going over board.  What's the skinny on Chrome Radiator hoses?  Looks like there is slip over covers and the real deal.  Thoughts, comments? Tips, Cautions

If you spray you have to mask a whole bunch of stuff off, and it's more time consuming.

The formed hoses do look better if you can find one. Bend up a piece of 1/4" all thread the shape and length you need, and take it to the parts counter and have at it.

I bought one of those chrome cool flex hoses for my Pontiac, but after comparing the I.D. of the stock hose I have with the I.D. of the cool flex hose, I took it back. The chrome ends will fit on the radiator and water neck, because there are different sized spacers included with the hose, but the I.D. of the hose was a little more than half of what my stock hose was, and I didn't want to take any chances with restriction. The old Ponti's had a gusher type cooling until they changed them in 57/58. Your Chev motor might be okay though... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

msuguydon

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

If you spray you have to mask a whole bunch of stuff off, and it's more time consuming.

aah, dumb question, can't I just removed the hose, paint it, no masking required and re-install hose?    LikeI said dumb question, is it full of water?

enjenjo

QuoteLikeI said dumb question, is it full of water

Your head or the hose? No matter, yes to both.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

msuguydon

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteLikeI said dumb question, is it full of water

Your head or the hose? No matter, yes to both.

What, What, What did you say  :?:

Can't hear you my ears are full of water  :P

Fat Cat

Quote from: "msuguydon"Can't hear you my ears are full of water  :P

Turn on the bulge pump, it might just help :)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Fat Cat"

Bulge Pump... :?:

Not exactly going to school to learn seamanship are we... :?:  :lol:  :lol:

A bilge pump is for draining water; a bulge pump from what I hear is to make a guys prosthetic "thing" bigger when the babes come calling. Or something like that. But you better check with Jusjunk to make sure... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

Dave

A bilge pump is for draining water; a bulge pump from what I hear is to make a guys prosthetic "thing" bigger when the babes come calling. Or something like that. But you better check with Jusjunk to make sure... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I guess Frank isnt taking a spelling class in school :lol: Yes the correct spelling is Bilge and as far as a Bulge pump sorry but i dont need any help here. You can ask sue :lol:  :lol:
Dave

EMSjunkie

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"and as far as a Bulge pump sorry but i dont need any help here. You can ask sue :lol:  :lol:
Dave

That's why you keep using that famous line from Scarface:
"Say hello to my little friend"
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"and as far as a Bulge pump sorry but i dont need any help here. You can ask sue :lol:  :lol:
Dave

That's why you keep using that famous line from Scarface:
"Say hello to my little friend"
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

RATS....Where did that periscope thread go :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :?:  :?:  :?:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****