A 2 window Deuce Sedan?

Started by Carnut, March 16, 2007, 07:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Wouldn't this be considered a 2 window Deuce Sedan?

1 windshield and 1 rear window?

donsrods

I always loved that car........impractical as hell, but a great looking showcar.

Don

phat46

Is that the "Lil Coffin? or a close replica?

58 Yeoman

Great looking car, but with all that workmanship, the windshield looks like an after-thought.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

sirstude

Quote from: "phat46"Is that the "Lil Coffin? or a close replica?

It says Lil Coffin II on the sign, so must be one of the clones.  I didn't realize how small it is.  I also always liked that car.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat46

Quote from: "sirstude"
Quote from: "phat46"Is that the "Lil Coffin? or a close replica?

It says Lil Coffin II on the sign, so must be one of the clones.  I didn't realize how small it is.  I also always liked that car.

DOH...I didn't notice the sign, I had to scroll the pic over to the left on my screen to see it....I named my first Soap Box Derby car after that one in the 60's  :D

Dave

Sweeeeeeeeet.. Always been one of my favorites too....
Dave :wink:

enjenjo

One of my favorite show rods. Could a car like that win the Riddler today?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"One of my favorite show rods. Could a car like that win the Riddler today?

...Maybe... if Foose or Troy, or Boyd built it... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Carnut

In the first pic is Dave Stuckey with white hair and the jacket,
talking to Elden Titus. Dave built the original car.

A few more pics and a bit of history here.

http://carnut.com/photo/garage/stuckey/_stucm1.html

Here's a pic of the original car.

Carnut

Oh and here's a pic when it was still a driver parked at Starbirds Custom when Dave Stuckey was working there.

Here's Dave and Darryl with some of their show cars parked on the apron at McConnel AFB. The Coffin is on the right.

Here's a pic of the starbird shop with the original Coffin grille in the forground.

Carnut

I believe these are evolutions of the car by Starbird.

This one is currently in the Starbird Hall of Fame Museum.

Carnut

Just a bit of trivia, I am currently living in a house that Dave Stuckey's dad built. Bought it from Dave Stuckey's dad 20yrs ago.

t-vicky

Some more trivia, I have been freinds with the carnut for over 35 years, I bet he didnt know that I built Dave Stuckys current shop.  I remodeled houses for Daves dad who was a realter.   Roger