First time in Daylight

Started by 34ford, March 11, 2007, 10:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

34ford

Drove the coupe from the back stall in the garage out into the daylight for the first time under it's own power.  :D  Still have a few body pieces to buff out and install as you can see by the pictures. Really gets the blood pumping being able to drive it 30 feet. Would have taken it for a spin around the block but there's still a lot of gravel on the street form the blizzard and all the snow last week  that has since melted off.

bob

moparrodder

Bob, It's lookin sweet!!!  You sure can be proud of all the hard work comming together, It'll be a sweet cruzer 8)   Congrats!!!!

Bill

alchevy

A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

I'll third that! Can't wait to see it in person!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

btrc

Looking good Bob.  Hope to see it somewhere this summer.

Bob
Bob

Carps

Looking good, hope to see it in person at Louisville Nats.

Heck, I may even let you take me for a ride in it.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

EMSjunkie

SWEET :!:  :!:  8)  8)

Gotta love them '34's  :D  :D

put some miles on that puppy );b(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Mikej

Bob. I think you over polished the doors. There is nothing left. Hope we see you at Americruse. Looking good.

Dave

kb426

No rule against burnouts in the drive! :lol:
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Looks Great :!:  :!:  What paint code yellow is that  :?:  :?:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

34ford

Thanks for the compliments guys. It's been 7 1/2 years to this point and can finally have something to drive to the shows.
The paint color is Ford color Screaming Yellow that's on the big ford trucks. Then it also came out on the new mustangs after the pickups. It is also on the ranger pickups with another color name I think is called blazing yellow. I put it on over a white base so it really came out bright yellow which is what I was after.

bob

36vicky

That really looks great Bob.  I love that SCREAMING YELLOW.  There was a new Mustang Saleen in that color out in front of Cabella's yesterday.  A photographer was there with a couple car babe models taking all kind of pictures.  Wait 'til he sees your car....

My Dad was a carpenter too and he used to always tell me, attention to detail is the secret to sucess.  You suceeded.  I'll bet htose grandkids love it to, huh?  Congratulations, Tom G.

p.s.  It'll be a real radar magnet now, even with the glass body.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

34ford

Quote from: "36vicky"

p.s.  It'll be a real radar magnet now, even with the glass body.

Hey Tom, so did you mean a Babe magent  :shock:  :shock:

Thanks for the complement. Stop by if you get to Lincoln. No appointment necessary.

bob

rumrumm

Very nice!! I hope I will have a chance to see it this summer.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com