caging hooleys henry J

Started by dragrcr50, March 08, 2007, 12:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

Yep, ole Hooley is building a Bad A henry drag car  and i just finished putting a full cage in it,  116 ft of pipe.  this thing is gonna be cool.....
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

WZ JUNK

Looks great Sam.   I am ready to make that baby orange sometime soon.  I am really looking forward to seeing Hooley makes some passes in the Henry J.  We all have close ties to that motor as it was the motor we used the first year at Bonneville.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

I really like those headers but I think they'd be "over kill" on a 4.3 liter V6. The size of those pipes would be sucking for air on 1 3/8" square exhaust ports. But if he decides to turbo-charge that engine I might be interested in the "cast-offs". My 1 1/4" EMT tubing bends came from McMaster-Carr yesterday but our 7 year old (soon to be 8) grandaughter has been asked to participate in an invitational swim meet at her parents "Alma Matre" so we'll be in Cincinnati/Oxford rooting. Will this Henry J be at the HAMB drags? The engine should already be broke-in. GPster

1FATGMC

Good work Sam!!!  And I agree with you that Hooley needs to be kept in a cage :P .

When is he going to get it??  I'll probably be through there late next week or next weekend and want to stop and see you.  I'll give him a call probably today to see what his plans are.

c ya,

Sum

Charlie Chops 1940

Looks pretty nice Sammie. Would that be the cast iron pipe or the schedule 40 pipe? That motor looks too small. You guys been busy.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

Hooley is sure starting to like those funny car style cages.

Looks good
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Looks pretty nice Sammie. Would that be the cast iron pipe or the schedule 40 pipe? That motor looks too small. You guys been busy.

Charlie
DOM .126 mild steel  nhra certifiable...  thanks chops.......
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

EMSjunkie

But can ya teach him to lift after a 1/4 mile  :shock:

he's used to staying in the throttle ALOT longer :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****