Formal intro

Started by e83w, March 07, 2007, 10:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e83w

Hi folks, I have been a member here for about six months and this is my first post. I have been sitting on the fence watching and learning.
I am fairly new to rodding. I fished competitively for about 13 years and got tired of the politics. Then decided I would now finally build a rod now that the kids have left the nest.
I built a little British Ford (Thames E83W) truck. I started it April of 2004 and drove it out of the garage September 8 last fall.
I busted my butt to get it done. I did a pile of body mods, custom tube frame and built a new box for it in my garage. It has a 4.3L GM V-6 with a BDS 4-71 blower, T400 trans and Ford 9". I have shown it twice and got a number of plaques for it. Just a proud Papa all over again.  :D
Can't wait to get back on the road this spring after they clean the rocks off the street.

Russ
Ifn\' it aint Blown, It sucks!

Cword

Russ

You've just stepped into one of the oldest Rod forums on the 'net.
I've been hangin' with the RRT since 1996, welcome aboard.

Guys, here's a picture of Russ' Thames

Mike
--

rooster

Welcome aboard! Sounds great, got any pictures? :D

Grandadeo

Welcome Russ.  Glad you decided to jump into the group.  Love those Brit cars/trucks.  Especially when they have a proper engine in them.  Your truck looks awesome in the pic, please post more pics.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

e83w

I will see if I can post more pictures once I hit the 10 post mark as it says in the rules. Or maybe Mike has more in his bag of tricks.

Russ

EMSjunkie

Welcome to our little corner of the web 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

sirstude

Welcome Russ, just a little south of you, at least by western standards.

You hitting Spokane this summer?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Cword

Quote from: "e83w"I will see if I can post more pictures once I hit the 10 post mark as it says in the rules. Or maybe Mike has more in his bag of tricks.

Russ

I can't add a lot, I've only got the two angles from last weekends show, so here's the other end.

Mike
--

e83w

moparrodder

Russ, Welcome to the board!!  That is one nice truck!! You sure can be proud of all the hard work involved in the buildup.  Thanks for sharing and again WELCOME!!!!

Bill

Rayvyn

Aloha Russ. Welcome to the board... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Fuzzy

Hey Russ,Welcome to the board.
No billet for this kid!

UGLY OLDS

Welcome Russ...And remember..There's nothing "formal" here.. :D  :D NICE truck  :!:  :!:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

welcome........ try not to get too excited though...
Dave