The trip to the KC and the lost wheel.

Started by Carnut, February 27, 2007, 07:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Back in 72 Roger Mingle, Johnny Pate and I took our coupes up the road to KC for the ASRA nats. Roger decided to tow along a teardrop trailer at the time.

Some where past Emporia, Ks, I was following Roger and the Teardrop at about 65 or so,  and watched as the drivers side wheel and tire came off the teardrop and rolled acrossed the median and south bound lane of the divided hiway and bounded into a farmers field. Roger managed to bring his Coupe and Teardrop to a safe stop. I pulled up and managed to get this pic of his Coupe after we had found the errant wheel and brought it back to the trailer.

Unfortunately I cut out the reinstalling activities going on when I took the pic.

We finally made it to the show and had a pretty good time there and had no problems retuning home afterwards.

Oh gee, just found some better pics of the event and scanned them in.

enjenjo

That always gives you a sinking feeling. Ask Fatcat about the time I lost two trailers at the same time, twice in one day :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "enjenjo"That always gives you a sinking feeling. Ask Fatcat about the time I lost two trailers at the same time, twice in one day :shock:

Or the trip to the Nats where we blew 3 tires on the trailer with only 2 spare tires in the truck?

Or my trip back from Indy with a tranny spitting enough tranny fluid that I had to stop about every 20-30 miles and add 3 quarts?

t-vicky

Wow that was a trip.  That guy in the orange  shirt told me years later that trip was what made him a Ford nut.  As far as he was conserend the Lord Hiself drove a ford.  A couple years ago when he was dieing of cancer he told his wife, Dont you let my last ride be in no GM product.  Our preacher carryed his casket to the cementry in the back of his Ford F-100