maybe o/t maybe not..

Started by Dave, February 24, 2007, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ok i got the coupe home and the bike up the street to my sons today.. Sue came in the garage and i said welcome to the hot rod shop and she asked me if i could sell the roadster on ebay and break even  :?: I told her i didnt know but i was gonna offer it on the H.A.M.B.  First. Ive just kinda lost interest and after i got the coupe home again i realized what a sweet ride it is.. Ya the roadster is keeping me kinda busy but if i can sell it now id have the whole summer to play with the other toys. For you that dont know me i used to be 100 % fast forward and built cars in a winter. I guess the heart attack kind of kicked my * and i cant do it as fast any more. Not that i need to but i dont like setting on a project.. Its just not me. Yes i am full of bs but in a nice way .. So.. if anyone is interested go to the hamb for sale board.. If not no biggie.. I will finish it this summer if it doesnt sell.. Ya if you want frank Jr.. move this  thread...
Id even finish it  and paint it BLUE
with wool interior If the right texan wanted it
Dave :wink:

slocrow

And Dufus said, "i used to be 100 % fast forward ' & " i cant do it as fast any more" & "i dont like setting on a project.." :(U) .
David, do you see any conflict in these statements? Good grief man, it's a hobby, not a second job.
We all get the winter blazzzz and you've probably got um. Set back and take a breath! There's know time table on the roadster project. That's why it's called a project instead of a job. When you feel like doing something, do it and when not ready, don't. I think everybody here that knows you would say, ease up on yourself.
If you sell it OK and if you don't, throw a sheet over it till after COBO and take a mental break but don't lose any cash or sleep. Trust me, it'll be there when you're ready.
Now get ready for that ice storm that's coming.................................Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Crosley.In.AZ

I find it interesting that you yammer on about the car for sale on the HAMB , yet you do not post an ad in the classified section here at the RRT?

The price of the ad here is the same as the HAMB ad

:?  :?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"I find it interesting that you yammer on about the car for sale on the HAMB , yet you do not post an ad in the classified section here at the RRT?

The price of the ad here is the same as the HAMB ad

:?  :?

Ya but the hamb has a lot more traffic.. If its a problem ill list it here too.. Damed if i dont have an offer already. Im not knocking our board and im board loyal .. But ..  Thanks Frank.. I understand everything your saying and im not planning on doing anything with it if it doesnt sell till way after autorama because im not gonna get the coupe covered with sanding dust paint etc while im working on the roadster..
Oh ya.. good morning all :lol:  :lol:  :lol: We have snow again :cry:
Dave

enjenjo

No problem on the listing Dave., but we can't grow the classifieds if we don't use them. I am guilty of it too, so I'm not saying anything.

I agree with Frank, there is no problem with taking a break on the roadster for a few weeks. shoot, you could look for a storage unit near the house for the coupe if you had too, for a few weeks while you were doing paint and so forth.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

BLUE with a wool interior............hummmm..........too bad it ain't got fenders...........real hotrods got fenders 8)  :wink:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Maybe this color.. My old crusty car that i sold.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

enjenjo

Dave, did you lay out the flames on that car? I always liked the way they looked.

UGLY OLDS

Boy..First he couldn't make a deer stand still long enough to be "executed"   :lol: ...Then he ran low on gin. :shock: ..Then it was the prostrate thing... :oops: Now it looks like depression sneaking in.. :(  :(
Frank..Mike ..Denise...Somebody go smack this guy !! :lol:  :lol:  Hey Dave..Here's the solution...Get the coupe all shiney...Do the bike next...Now both are ready for spring...Work on the roadster this summer in your "spare time" ..Maybe git r done in time for the "Worlds Largest Used Car Sale " held every Sept in K-Zoo... :lol:  Like Frank said..." HOBBY".....Thats the key word..Besides, I found out something neat about this hobby...The Model A project I've been working on since 1980, ( I tend to work REAL slow..) , is still there & worth MORE than my investment !! :shock: Besides..All the stuff that was "neat" in 1983, ( chrome hairpins, etc ) , are BACK !!!  Just like skinny ties...It comes back around !!!  Put a sheet over the roadster...Work on it when you've got the urge..Relax & have fun the rest of the time....WOW...My fingers are tired !! ( Oh, I caught the little ditty about the fuel injection machine....BUSTED !! :evil:  :evil: )
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"Dave, did you lay out the flames on that car? I always liked the way they looked.

That was a funny deal Frank.. Ive got a buddy at work and a neighbor who both are pretty good artists. I told em i wanted ohio style flames but they had to be different than the ohio flames :?:  Get it :?:  Just enuff different to be thier or my idea.. Well it was all setup and i needed to get them done before the first weekend in may cruise and show in Ypsi. I took a friday off work and everyone came over thursday after work to help with ideas and to lay out the flames.. Yep we had a bunch of beer to help too. Well after I layed out the lines while everyone else was drinking beer (we one guy come just cause he heard free beer) I asked if maybe some of the guys would help tape the car off.  :?: They dove right in then.. Maybe they were scared cause it was my car  :wink: We got it all taped and finished the evening drinking beer and friday i got up early and fired up the gun.. When sue got home i waited till she got out of the car and walked out of the garage and slammed the door.  8)  I told her it was all screwed up and I shoulda left it alone :wink: Of course she wanted to see it.  :lol:  :lol: I let her go in and then she chased me around the yard for a while with a broom stick  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Oh ya where was i.. Yes i did the flames and dam proud of em..
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Boy..First he couldn't make a deer stand still long enough to be "executed"   :lol: ...Then he ran low on gin. :shock: ..Then it was the prostrate thing... :oops: Now it looks like depression sneaking in.. :(  :(
Frank..Mike ..Denise...Somebody go smack this guy !! :lol:  :lol:  Hey Dave..Here's the solution...Get the coupe all shiney...Do the bike next...Now both are ready for spring...Work on the roadster this summer in your "spare time" ..Maybe git r done in time for the "Worlds Largest Used Car Sale " held every Sept in K-Zoo... :lol:  Like Frank said..." HOBBY".....Thats the key word..Besides, I found out something neat about this hobby...The Model A project I've been working on since 1980, ( I tend to work REAL slow..) , is still there & worth MORE than my investment !! :shock: Besides..All the stuff that was "neat" in 1983, ( chrome hairpins, etc ) , are BACK !!!  Just like skinny ties...It comes back around !!!  Put a sheet over the roadster...Work on it when you've got the urge..Relax & have fun the rest of the time....WOW...My fingers are tired !! ( Oh, I caught the little ditty about the fuel injection machine....BUSTED !! :evil:  :evil: )

Hey im sure they are standing in line to smack me as it is..  :lol:  :lol:
I hear you guys.. Im going to the garage.. I was out a while ago and started both vehicles to get the ice off em and i needed to take some pics and then i got in front of this dam puker again and havent left yet :? I got more hard drive space after going thru my pics though. I may have to defrag and defrag the H/D between my ears too..I sure wish it was 80 here..
Dave :!:  :wink:  :!:

slocrow

Quote from: "jusjunk"sue got home (and) chased me around the yard for a while with a broom stick  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I may have to defrag the H/D between my ears too..
Dave
If she see's the inference (you know, witch one), then the second quote will happen automatically.................. :lol:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

enjenjo

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Dave, did you lay out the flames on that car? I always liked the way they looked.

That was a funny deal Frank.. Ive got a buddy at work and a neighbor who both are pretty good artists. I told em i wanted ohio style flames but they had to be different than the ohio flames :?:  Get it :?:  Just enuff different to be thier or my idea.. Well it was all setup and i needed to get them done before the first weekend in may cruise and show in Ypsi. I took a friday off work and everyone came over thursday after work to help with ideas and to lay out the flames.. Yep we had a bunch of beer to help too. Well after I layed out the lines while everyone else was drinking beer (we one guy come just cause he heard free beer) I asked if maybe some of the guys would help tape the car off.  :?: They dove right in then.. Maybe they were scared cause it was my car  :wink: We got it all taped and finished the evening drinking beer and friday i got up early and fired up the gun.. When sue got home i waited till she got out of the car and walked out of the garage and slammed the door.  8)  I told her it was all screwed up and I shoulda left it alone :wink: Of course she wanted to see it.  :lol:  :lol: I let her go in and then she chased me around the yard for a while with a broom stick  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Oh ya where was i.. Yes i did the flames and dam proud of em..
Dave

I might hit you up for some help on some flames. Might even spring for some gin :lol:

Dave

QuoteI might hit you up for some help on some flames. Might even spring for some gin :lol:

Hell ill bring my own gin. Painting Flames is fun..
Dave :wink:
Back to the garage..

39deluxe

Ohio style flames huh? No wonder I like them. They just might make their way onto the stepside.

Tom