what I have been up to on the 32

Started by nzsimon, February 22, 2007, 03:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

Not sure if polishing the engine is modifying it but here is the result of many evenings so far I haven't polished the head yet hence it is still a bit dull just need to give it a dress up with some 1200 grit then buff it

The hardest bit is getting all the ridges off the whole engine is covered in them not sure what they were there for but whatever it was they are not there now

still have a lot to do have actually worn a dremel out the front bearing is so knackered that it gets too hot to hold

The chassis is at the painters and the auto is being rebuilt I might even get to drive it before we run out of summer
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

rumrumm

Wow! You're gonna need sunglasses to look at that engine.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

How are you going to keep it shiny? You have more ambition than me.  :lol:  Nice job!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Looks Good! You must have the patience of Jobe!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dave

Pep

I like shiney..but not prepared to go that far...that sure looks nice, but now you will have to keep it that way....or don't drive it :wink:
See Ya
Pep

alchevy

A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

rumrumm

I've been told that it does work as advertised, but I am too cheap to shell out $90.00 + for Zoops kit. So I am using Wenol's wax instead. It probably is not as good, but it does keep aluminum things sealed.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

Quote from: "40chevy"http://www.zoops.com/zoopseal.asp

Is this stuff worth the money it cost? Anybody used it?

I've wondered that myself. I have some polished aluminum on the engine I am building now, and it would be great if I only had to touch it up every few months.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

Does the Wenol's wax or the Zoops hold up under heat conditions like that engine or valve covers?

alchevy

Quote from: "39deluxe"Does the Wenol's wax or the Zoops hold up under heat conditions like that engine or valve covers?

That's a good question. Because some cars are just built to shine. Ya know the high dollar ones parked around the circle at Louisville that everyone knows have never been cranked. They unload them before the show and cover 'em up...then come back every day and uncover them and "act like" they are polishing them. Maybe those are the folks that use that expensive polish.

What is it? I have heard that cars entered in World of Wheels that are like that, their owners can be challenged into cranking the motor and if they refuse to crank 'em, they are out of the competition.

I built mine to drive!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

39deluxe

Quote from: "40chevy"

What is it? I have heard that cars entered in World of Wheels that are like that, their owners can be challenged into cranking the motor and if they refuse to crank 'em, they are out of the competition.

I built mine to drive!
AL

I'd like to see all shows like that.