My '40 Chevy

Started by alchevy, February 28, 2005, 09:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Here are some pics of my '40 Chevy 2 dr Sedan. I decided I would start this thing since no-one else would. It all started back in June of 2000 when I purchased this car after seeing it on the internet for sale in Chicago, IL. I got someone to bring it down to Mississippi. It was an original stock car back then. My friends from my car club helped me transform it into a street rod. 3 years later, I drove it to Louisville, KY (in 2003), this after getting it on the road for two weeks. Talk about a shake down cruise - 11 hours of hard driving through the night. It made the trip fine up there and back. Since then it has been to over 20 car shows...no trailer needed, it's a driver! It lacks paint and the rest of the interior. I'm going to go with Monte Carlo Victory Red one of these days...right now, I'm just having fun driving it! Isn't that what they are built for? Go to my website for the build-up. This first picture is when I got it, second is at a car show in 2004, & third is of the new 350 V8 in the car.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

With new fenders, running boards, and more.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

39deluxe

It looks like a great cruiser.

Tom

alchevy

Quote from: "39deluxe"It looks like a great cruiser.

Tom

It is a good cruiser, I have over 24,000 miles on it like that. Been so much fun, I hate to tear it down for paint!
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

reborn55

looking good Al--now I know what to look for at the Bunny run

alchevy

Quote from: "reborn55"looking good Al--now I know what to look for at the Bunny run

Thanks, Ken. The rod run season is cranking back up down here slowly. Going to be in a rodeo parade on Saturday and then about the first rod run I will be at will be the first weekend in March in Brookhaven, MS. Your friend that I met in Pensacola, FL last November came to this one in 2006. I need to update the RRT calendar and put some events on it for folks to see.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Well I have added the '40 Chevy to the Want Ads section. Going to sell it at Louisville or right after and start hopefully on a '48 Chevy Pickup.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "40chevy"Well I have added the '40 Chevy to the Want Ads section. Going to sell it at Louisville or right after and start hopefully on a '48 Chevy Pickup.
AL

kool........ had a 48 chev truck, a 50 also.  i finished the 50.

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)