enjenjo

Quoteor a sense of charity

That wasn't very charitable Jim :cry:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quoteor a sense of charity

That wasn't very charitable Jim :cry:

of course i'm still lookin for a charitable woman myself.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "river1"of course i'm still lookin for a charitable woman myself.

later jim

Or desperate. Your not really that picky are you? :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Fat Cat"

later jim

that puts a new meaning to desperate.......
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

later jim

not really :roll:  is she breathing?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Phat

Frank its been a long time... tried too stop some of Neg stuff.
Hey your gonna love the truck arms on air i did one a couple years ago with NASCAR(free) truck arms and the truck hooks up good and rides great.
Now dont take this wrong as i know you know frames but are you gonna put diamonds on the angles were you did your kick ups.  It really makes it strong.
The fluffed and buffed welds get weak even with .120 wall.
Glad you not going the 2x2 .083 that i have seen some guys do.  The twist real bad.
Hope you dont take anything wrong.....just what i have seen.

Got one on paper now to try and use the full bunch off wide five old stuff and quick change i have from some of my old pavement mods.......love to see AAA come out and change a tire...LOL    Later and good luck!
Old racers go in deep and come out hard

enjenjo

No offense taken. There is an internal plate at each weld. 4" long on all four sides. It's plug welded into all four sides of the tube. Then, since there was a backer plate inside, I spaced the tube 1/8" apart at the joint, and laid in a full penetration bead.  With all this, I feel confident it will last.

I looked at NASCAR truck arms, but mine are going to be a bit oddly shaped, and if I was going to cut them up, it was just as cheap to start from scratch.

Trucked Up

Looking GOOOOOOOOOd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder how it would feel "to wake up" one day as opposed "to come too"

Phat

Quote from: "enjenjo"No offense taken. There is an internal plate at each weld. 4" long on all four sides. It's plug welded into all four sides of the tube. Then, since there was a backer plate inside, I spaced the tube 1/8" apart at the joint, and laid in a full penetration bead.  With all this, I feel confident it will last.

I looked at NASCAR truck arms, but mine are going to be a bit oddly shaped, and if I was going to cut them up, it was just as cheap to start from scratch.
Cool i like the way you think.....grest job and stick with these ADS. That a good idea with the intrenal plates plug welded..... it looks so much better.  More pix please as i love this ole ADs.Whats up front?

enjenjo

71 Nova sub up front. I cut it off behind the Z, and went back from there with 3 x 4 tubing. the frame is about 3" wider in front than a stocker, and about 8" narrower in the rear. It measures 37" front to back. I haven't committed on the power plant yet, it will be a Chevy. 700R4 trans, 9" rear. It's low enough it will require a trans and driveshaft tunnel in the cab. The bottom of the cab will be about 6" off the road.

Phat

How do you get the plates inside and hold them to plug weld them.  Do one end at a time?  ust interest as that real clean looking.  You gonna run running boards?

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "river1"

later jim

not really :roll:  is she breathing?

later jim

I am..... :lol:

Frank, great tech post.  Thanks for sharing.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

I put the plates in one end first, weld them to that one, then assemble the joint, and weld the other side. All the plug weld holes are predrilled. If it doesn't fit tight inside, I weld a washer to the inside plate, that I can pry out on to make it fit tight, and after tacking, break the washer off before finish welding.

Running boards, I don't know, I like them both ways, and I'll see how it looks without them first.

Phat

Hey thats a cool trick...Thanks!