This was a weird one, trans problem

Started by enjenjo, January 31, 2007, 10:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Josh, my grandson,  called me last week, and said his trans had gone out on his Ford Contour. He said there was trans fluid every where, and lots of smoke. I towed the car home, thinking that a cooler line was blown. got it jacked up, and found the overdrive servo was missing! Cover, snap ring, piston and spring were all missing. I checked the case, and the snap ring groove was intact, so $40 in parts later, it worked fine.  I've never seen that before.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Josh, my grandson,  called me last week, and said his trans had gone out on his Ford Contour. He said there was trans fluid every where, and lots of smoke. I towed the car home, thinking that a cooler line was blown. got it jacked up, and found the overdrive servo was missing! Cover, snap ring, piston and spring were all missing. I checked the case, and the snap ring groove was intact, so $40 in parts later, it worked fine.  I've never seen that before.

some times dirt or corrosion builds up under the snap ring raising it in the groove to  a point that it pops out.

The snap ring can also rust , loose it's ability to stay in the ring groove
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Do they have rust and corrosion in Ohio?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

QuoteDo they have rust and corrosion in Ohio?

No, that's an ugly rumor started by Dave to give himself an ego boost.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteDo they have rust and corrosion in Ohio?

No, that's an ugly rumor started by Dave to give himself an ego boost.

Jesus..........   this has really got into a Dave bashing thing here :?:  
I can take it........ I dont get mad I get EVEN>>>>
Dave :!:  :!:  :!: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ps: yes they have rust in ohio and it effects some peoples brains..(i wont name any names)..

YET

Fat Cat

Quote from: "jusjunk"I get EVEN>>>>

That would be fine if you knew what even was but your just a little too odd to grasp the concept.

:lol: