T bucket questions.

Started by kb426, January 30, 2007, 07:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I'm thinking about building a 60"s style t-bucket. Does anyone have any wisdom about which brand of bodies and components to use?
TEAM SMART

Leon

I built one from Total Performance and was pleased with the quality and support I got from them.

Grandadeo

Based on your location you could check out Speedway Motors web site and see if they have what you want.  I have never bought any of there fiberglass products so I can't offer any comments on quality,etc.  Maybe some of the other folks here can.  They have the traditional '23 T Bodies but if you are Tall they also have the '26-'27 bodies with a longer cowl for additional leg room.  Shipping costs should be a lot less from Lincoln, NE than from an east or west coast company, may even be close enough to pick up yourself.  Watch your local area for any unfinished projects that someone wants to unload, or an older completed T that's been collecting dust in someones garage.  Ask around, they do turn up.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

moparrodder

Another place to check out is Spirit industries,  www.spiritcars.com   they deal in T buckets. I have seen a few of them at shows, Americruse  a couple of years ago in Lincoln  they had a booth with some on display and they looked pretty good and had room for long leged people.  Also check the NTBA web site,  www.nationaltbucketalliance.com  it's the web site for the National T Bucket Alliance that sponsors the T Bucket Nationals each year. They have a message board like here and a classified section that has some projects for sale once in a while.  Of course you can allways look on ebay under streetrods , there are allways a bunch of T buckets there, most are spendy but a few bargins sometimes. Hope this helps.    

Bill

JOECOOL

I buy quite a bit of stuff from Speedway,and have always been happy with the product and the service. They will make mistakes, but they always bend over backwards to make it right. If you are close you can pick it up and the free tour of the musem is awsume.