Aftermarket 39 Lincoln brakes - instructions!!???

Started by Topsterguy, January 22, 2007, 12:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Okay so I've got the after market brakes from MT Car Products but there's no instructions / pics on how they go together - I guess I'm just too used to discs!? :oops:   Anyone know where I can get the info?
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Bib_Overalls

My Wilson Welding backing plates came assembled.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

donsrods

To be safe, why not give the mfr a call?  It always amazes me how lousy the instructions are that many mfrs put in their products, or they put in none at all.  :(  :(

Hey Bib, how do you like the Wilsons?  We are about ready to mount a set on my Kids '29, and they look super.

Don

Topsterguy

Yeah, there was nothing at all with the set, and for the kind of money you pay for this stuff you'd think there would be! Figures I was wanting to get it done over the weekend and they're not open Sat or Sun!  I bought the aluminum backing plate scoops from wilson welding and they seem pretty good, even if you do have to drill and tap them etc.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "donsrods"Hey Bib, how do you like the Wilsons?  We are about ready to mount a set on my Kids '29, and they look super. Don

I am really pleased with them.  I am going to take them apart and have them powder coated in the next couple of weeks.   I thought the spot weld on the rear emergency brake cable tube looked "shoddy" even though it it does not take any load. So I had a friend run a bead of TIG around them.  Down under the car no one will see them.  But I know.

I'm waiting on the quick change Wilson is building for me.  He has had the banjo for about 9 months now.  I knew going in that it would take some time but I am just about to the point where I am going to start assembling the drive train for the Model T.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks