wire identification labels

Started by Binderman, January 19, 2007, 05:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binderman

At one time I saw someone on Ebay selling heat shrink tubing identification labels for automotive wiring.  I seem to have lost that link.  Does anybody know where these  can be bought?
Thanks, Jim

rooster

Welcome to the board! Tell us what you are doing. I have seen the labels used by the guys that worked on my furnace, they used them to mark the wires going to a circut board, thay were just stickers though, that was 10 years ago, and they are still on there.

sirstude

I think Enos used to sell them.  If not them, then it was Painless

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Binderman

What am I doing?  Sometimes I wonder that myself Rooster!  I'm working on my 39' International 1/2 ton.  It's got a 350 Buick backed by  a Muncie 4 speed.  I just finished up installing a Dana 44 Power-loc rear end, new rear springs, Rancho adjustable shocks and an anti-sway bar.  Next up on the list of projects is all new wiring.  
I remember seeing somebody selling these heat shrinkable sleeves that had been printed with the wire designations that we use in vehicle wiring, i.e. tach, ing., coil, left tail light, ect.   And while I'll use color coded wires, it'd be nice to have these labels placed in stratigic places.  I'm sure I kept a computer file when I saw it but a while back the hard drive took a dump and I have to start over.  Yea, I know, backup, backup, backup.  
Jim

butch27

Enos sells the printed heat shrink tubing for about $11.  for a bag full.

tom36

I found these on Yahoo  http://www.wirelm.com/labels.htm .  Look under streetrod and I think that is what you are looking for.   sounds like a nice project you have going.  Tom...

rooster

Quote from: "Binderman"What am I doing?  Sometimes I wonder that myself Rooster!  I'm working on my 39' International 1/2 ton.  It's got a 350 Buick backed by  a Muncie 4 speed.  I just finished up installing a Dana 44 Power-loc rear end, new rear springs, Rancho adjustable shocks and an anti-sway bar.  Next up on the list of projects is all new wiring.  
I remember seeing somebody selling these heat shrinkable sleeves that had been printed with the wire designations that we use in vehicle wiring, i.e. tach, ing., coil, left tail light, ect.   And while I'll use color coded wires, it'd be nice to have these labels placed in stratigic places.  I'm sure I kept a computer file when I saw it but a while back the hard drive took a dump and I have to start over.  Yea, I know, backup, backup, backup.  
Jim

The truck sounds cool to me, I had a buddy that did a 50 I and he put a PLY Volori frontend under it. For the wiring usually all you need is the instructions with the color codes to get you along. Good luck with the truck, show us some pictures.

Binderman

GEEZE, what a great site!  Thanks for all the help guys.

Fast Jimmy

Binderman

I just checked out the site mentioned by Tom 36.  Exactly what I was looking for.

Fast Jimmy