Speedometer Cable Problems

Started by Rich Guzman, January 15, 2007, 05:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Guzman

Finished up the exhaust system on my rod this past weekend, tucked it in real good and close, snaked it around everything, all s.s., ground all the welds down and polished everything up to a nice satin finish. Installed it and had no problems :lol: that is till I tried to reconnect the speedometer cable... :shock: the exhaust is right in line with the speedometer take off... :evil:  :evil: Anyone out there have any experience with a right angle adapter, such as what used to be on the Corvette?..where can I get one...what ratio do they come in.. what about rotation direction?. Transmission is a TH 400 behind a built Blown Injected small block in a 32 Five window... this is my first post here, just discovered y'all right before Christmass... I'll post some pic's just as soon as I figger out how... been workin on this project now for 22 years...almost done, can't wait
Temporarily stranded in the Panhandle

Dave

Quote from: "Rich Guzman"Finished up the exhaust system on my rod this past weekend, tucked it in real good and close, snaked it around everything, all s.s., ground all the welds down and polished everything up to a nice satin finish. Installed it and had no problems :lol: that is till I tried to reconnect the speedometer cable... :shock: the exhaust is right in line with the speedometer take off... :evil:  :evil: Anyone out there have any experience with a right angle adapter, such as what used to be on the Corvette?..where can I get one...what ratio do they come in.. what about rotation direction?. Transmission is a TH 400 behind a built Blown Injected small block in a 32 Five window... this is my first post here, just discovered y'all right before Christmass... I'll post some pic's just as soon as I figger out how... been workin on this project now for 22 years...almost done, can't wait

Sorry i cant hel ya but i wanna see pics......
Dave

phat rat

yes I've used one in a Vette. Worked fine. They are a 1-1 ratio and don't worry about rotation they just go the way they are told. I saw a couple on E-bay just the other day so you might try there. If not look for one of the Vette suppliers
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rich Guzman

Jusjunk, Let me see if I can figure out how to add a pic here, I dont know why the preview keeps showing two copies of ea. but, i tried... these pics are from about this time last year ...alot has happened since then..ned some new pics. If the weather improves I'll try to get some soon
Temporarily stranded in the Panhandle

slocrow

I think the software always showes two pics....................If it's going to show at all.
Looks good....Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...