Powder coating from Sears

Started by oldmanolds, January 22, 2007, 03:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanolds

Has anyone seen or used the powder coating system from Sears? I got a look at it over the weekend but the salesman didn't know crap about it and the catalog description is pretty vague.Wonder if it's worth the $189.00?  oldmanolds
GETTING OLD SUCKS..BUT IT SURE BEATS THE ATERNATIVE.     www.stophd.org

Dave

Quote from: "oldmanolds"Has anyone seen or used the powder coating system from Sears? I got a look at it over the weekend but the salesman didn't know crap about it and the catalog description is pretty vague.Wonder if it's worth the $189.00?  oldmanolds

Didnt know they had one? Im gonna go out on a limb here and from what ive seen of any of em is your painting colored dust on stuff thats electrically charged then you gotta bake it. Im thinking the big deal is 1 get it covered good and 2 you need sumpin big enuff to bake it in and an easybake oven aint gonna cut it. Ive never really looked at the guns they use but id like to.. Oh ya when you charge it of course it attracts the magic dust but ive never seen it done in person and i wonder if there is over spray
Dave :?:  :?:

Leon

I've used the Eastwood system a lot and I think it is down to around $100 now.  There is some overspray, what doesn't get atracted to the part falls on the floor where it is easy to sweep up.  I bought an electric oven from an old lady that wanted a new fancier model, paid $25 for it and put casters and a long cord that plugs into my welder outlet.  I like it for doing brackets, wheels, etc.