Need Weather Striping Help, 58 Chevy

Started by msuguydon, January 14, 2007, 08:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

Hi All.

Spent part of my day yesterday installing new door weatherstrip on my car, the two back doors went in with no problem.  I did not do the front doors as I was not 100% sure how it is run and where it is run.

Will someone do me a huge favor, and take some digital pictures of the weather striping etc around your front doors?  I would also like to see the J rope trim piece that goes on the edge of the door.  Also door sill pictures, front and back doors.

THANKS a ton.

Don
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

This is whats on both my  front and read doors.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Got ya :wink:  8)  :!:  :arrow:
Dave :idea:  :arrow:  :roll:

58 Yeoman

I sent you some pix in your email.  Of course, my pix were of the w/s on my car, not my house. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I sent you some pix in your email.  Of course, my pix were of the w/s on my car, not my house. :shock:

Ya ya i just wanted to make him look. and besides it is the only thing i got back doors on..
Dave
oops forgot bout my truck (see signature below)

msuguydon

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I sent you some pix in your email.  Of course, my pix were of the w/s on my car, not my house. :shock:

Ya ya i just wanted to make him look. and besides it is the only thing i got back doors on..
Dave
oops forgot bout my truck (see signature below)

You will burn in Hell !!! :twisted:

:wink:

Dave

Ok and whats your point :?:
Ill at least be there with friends.. :wink:  Everyone asks me bout my heart attack and if i saw a light :?:  :?:  Didnt see squat.. I was on the down elevator i think

:roll:
Dave

BFS57

Hello;
may I make one suggestion. Before you go any further with your work it may be beneficial for you to locate a motor manual for your car, or assembly manual, as these really help a lot when I need some idea which way it goes.

Bruce

enjenjo

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
may I make one suggestion. Before you go any further with your work it may be beneficial for you to locate a motor manual for your car, or assembly manual, as these really help a lot when I need some idea which way it goes.

Bruce

I'll second that. I try to get a factory manual for any car I am working on. even at $100 it's a good deal, and would certainly pay for a customer to bring one with the car.

It doesn't even have to be the correct model to be useful, things generally stay the same for several years.

Not only is it helpful for assembly, it helps for disassembly too. It will usually illustrate any special tools you might need, so you can get one, or come up with a replacement.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

msuguydon

I do have a factory assembly manual,  it has helped from an wiring perspective.  Is this the manual you guys are referring to or is there something else I should get.

I have seen "shop manuals" but assumed it was the same thing I already have, maybe an incorrect assumption on my part?

enjenjo

A shop manual will tell you how to disassemble, or assemble any part of the car. In those days there were usually two volumes, a chassis manual, and a body manual.

msuguydon

Quote from: "enjenjo"A shop manual will tell you how to disassemble, or assemble any part of the car. In thode days there were usually two volumes, a chassis manual, and a body manual.

Am I safe to assume that the body manual will show the interior items?

Or maybe a better question, if I am gonna be cheap and buy one or the other what one would you purchase?

enjenjo