Awwwwwww Geeze this sucks!

Started by Dave, January 08, 2007, 06:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

Quote from: "jusjunk"but the waether is so iffy here in march that i dont want to take the chance and being my car looks as nice underneath as on top i sure dont need any salt on it . :!:
So the bottom line was im a no..

That is exactly why my car will be sold next Thursday at Barrett Jackson.  I have built something I am scared to drive in bad weather.

Grandadeo

Dave, could you rent a u-haul type enclosed moving truck around 20' and find some place close by that you could back up to like a loading dock and drive the car into it.  Not sure what they would have inside for tie downs though.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"So ya have to scrub alittle to get some road dirt off it when you get there.  :shock:    You act like your going to be driving it on the Salt Flats of B'ville. :roll:

You do realize your "friends" here will not let you live this down AND you will be kicked off the HAMB for your above statements. :wink:

Reconsider cuz really there is only one 75th Autorama bash of the '32.

Well i guess if thats the way they want it :!: I just donjt wanna take the chance of getting salt on it .. Ive got way to much invested and im too proud of my hard work to get it messed up.
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Dave......ya just MIGHT have friend in OHIO that has an EMPTY, 24ft enclosed trailer,AND a truck to pull it..................for say maybe an ticket or two into the show...... :shock:  :-o

Check your pm's

Dave

Quote from: "Deuce":D

Just step up and buy one ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-Hallmark-20-Enclosed-Trailer_W0QQitemZ120071808816QQihZ002QQcategoryZ80769QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lots of older but servicable trailers on eBay ... and around. I bought a new Pace Shadow in 1995 ... for my Fireworks business ... and it comes in handy for storage, hauling, moving your folks ... lots of uses ...

:-o

good option but then id have to buy a bigger truck :?: my colorado even though its 4x4 aint gonna pull one of them
Dave

Rayvyn

I'm staying out of this one; you folks are doing a fine job on your own. I'll be nice for once... :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Hey, we are kinda having the same problem. We are bringing a show car roadster to autorama that has probably never even seen rain let alone snow and salt. My dads van cant pull an enclosed trailer so we have to pull it on our open trailer.

Last year my car got trashed from the salt. So much stuff on my car rusted it was ridiculous. The body is glass but I didnt realize there was that much metal on the car till i saw the rust.

Our plan is to put some osb wood down on the trailer so salt doesnt come from underneath and we are gonna wrap it real good with a weatherproof car cover. I guess its not as good as an enclosed trailer but it will have to do.

You should reconsider. Its pretty cool having your car in Autorama and being there all weekend.

nick ive done the autorama with the coupe and I swore id never do it again :!:  Dont get me wrong it was a blast but its a long weekend and expensive too especially if your getting a room downtown.  the only reason i WAS CONSIDERING THIS WAS BECAUSE OF THE SPECIAL INVATATION Opps caps lock again. And the 75 anniversary of the 32. I feel proud i was invited and i may have a couple options now. Ill wait and see. I have to call chuck back if i get something going and hope we can still get in. I have my fingers crossed. If the deal goes down im sure it will be my last.
Dave :arrow:

HOTROD47

Dave,

Good luck getting in the show. I hope you are able to find a trailer. If I were you I would trailer the car as well. March in Detroit, you never know. My dad and I drove our 55 Chevy from Ct to Boston for the world of wheels show back in '88. We spent 8 hours cleaning the car after the drive. Our biggest problem was the blizzard that hit the east coast over the week end. That was a scary drive and dirty drive home. I never wished I had an enclosed trailer so bad in my life.

Glenn
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

Nick32Vic

It is a long weekend. But its fun if youve got friends there. Just hang out with us downstairs all weekend!

Dave

Quote from: "Nick32vic"It is a long weekend. But its fun if youve got friends there. Just hang out with us downstairs all weekend!

See my latest post ...
u bet
Dave

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Nick32vic"It is a long weekend. But its fun if youve got friends there. Just hang out with us downstairs all weekend!

Hey Nick, PM me after ya meet ole' skippy :D

I wanna know what I'm gettin' into before the BBQ build in April :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat rat

aw gee Nick, don't do that. He'll never come if you do
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Vance

Sew your pants pockets shut (so he can't get his hands in there), face him at all times (don't let him get behind you), keep the barf bag from the airplane ride (you may need it when you first see him) and learn these 3 little words: "Here Comes Sue" (He cringes when you say that, bacause that gold chain he brags about is actually a choke collar).

Other than that, you shouldn't have a problem... :wink:  :lol:

But he is about 6' 5" and going on 280 lbs., but has the tenacity of a parakeet.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"But he has the tenacity of a parakeet.

Is tenacity the same as a brain, because he has that too.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Vance

Sew your pants pockets shut (so he can't get his hands in there), face him at all times (don't let him get behind you), keep the barf bag from the airplane ride (you may need it when you first see him) and learn these 3 little words: "Here Comes Sue" (He cringes when you say that, bacause that gold chain he brags about is actually a choke collar).

Other than that, you shouldn't have a problem... :wink:  :lol:

But he is about 6' 5" and going on 280 lbs., but has the tenacity of a parakeet.

Thanks Bry, thats the kind of info I need :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****