New Magazine CurbSide in the near furture

Started by KustomLincolnLady, January 10, 2007, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

Well this is so cool!!!  A good friend stopped over last night to show up his mock up of a magazine he is going to publish this spring. WOW, is it ever cool.
He shot the Lincoln in the fall of 05, told us he was working on a proj. we thought a calender, never heard more till last night when he shows up with this 52 page mag. awsome graphics, photos and print.(bigger for you old farts lol)  
he was going to do a local mag, then decided to take it national. this thing had the print quality of the Rodders Journal!!!
I really hope it flies for him. I'll update you more when things get closer but for a tease, here is the center fold photo!

he is gearing up his web page now and I'll let you know when its up. he has a myspace page for it also, if your on there it is

myspace.com/curbsidemagazine1

His ideas were coming out so fast he can't keep up  :lol:

His plans are to focus on the Little guys, like Enjenjo, and Rob or Rudy type people, the cars they build or the guy whose making his own part or that type of thing. I think he can give some of the current publications a run for their money. He said it will sell for 4.99 an issue and from the mock up we looked at last night it will be well worth that.

for those of you that were at our first cookout, if you remember the 33-34 zipper roadster that was on the trailer. That is Jeremy, the brain behind all this work.
Debb

GPster

It seems like magazines mimic the taste (or lack of it) of the editorial staff and there owners. I personally liked the early days of Rodders Digest when you could by old issues of the mag from them out of the back of a Sedan Delivery at swap meets. Good luck to him. GPster                         P.S. This letter was quite a bit longer but I got into a discussion with myself that didn't serve much purpose.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thats a GREAT shot of the Lincoln Debb.  You need that blown up size size, matted and hung on the wall. 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

moparrodder

Debb, that is a really crisp and clear pic 8)  but what were ya doin at a vault company?   Let me know when this mag is coming out, I would like one if he is going to focus on the little guys.  It's these talented builders that build the practical rods you can drive the wheels off and enjoy to the fullest and aren't afraid to rub elbows with us small time rodders and share their practical ideas that we can maybe use with out taking out a second or third morgage to pay for it.   Just my thoughts , and if he has a good spectrum of feature rods and customs would be super as there are a lot of little guys out there that produce some fantastic rides that wouldn't be noticed otherwise.      

Bill