And I have not been in hiding

Started by 348tripower, January 01, 2007, 08:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Don Colliau

GPster

I thought we might get pictures of the rack and pinion set-up. To add a little bit of history to that body style with the bullet nose ('51?) form when I was a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club. The same designer that put the bullet in front of the '49 and'50 Fords was supposed to have had a falling out with Ford and went to work for Lowey (?) and put the bullet there. That Stude body style was also very prevelent in the first "Muppet Movie" and during some of the scenes it was being driven by a miget/dwarf using a closed circuit camera aimed out of the bullet. What is your planned ride height? GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

KOOL :!:

I like those cars.. may own one someday.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I think that body style would make a great pickup.  Looks good.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Grandadeo

Hey, You should put a late El Camino front nose on it.  Oh nevermind, I guess that's the other way around.  Can't keep up with all the lastest hot trends.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

phat46

Cool, how about some details?  I wonder if anyone has ever turned the body around on one of those Starlight  Coupes!?  That rear window would make a great windsheid too.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

kb426

There's one of these running around southern Ca. that has been turned into a ranchero. It's purple and flawless. I saw it at the LA roadster club show in 99.
TEAM SMART

dragrcr50

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I think that body style would make a great pickup.  Looks good.
well here is my roadster pickup
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Flipper

My dad has a 48 Champion more-door.  I wish he bought a bullet nosed one instead of the one he did.

We are going to graft hooded headlights onto it (54 Cadillac?)....it should stand out in a police line-up   :roll:

Uncle Bob

Always liked them Starlights.

Swappin' the nose has been a mini-trend for a while.  Here's somethin' a local friend did.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

348tripower

Quote from: "phat46"Cool, how about some details?  I wonder if anyone has ever turned the body around on one of those Starlight  Coupes!?  That rear window would make a great windsheid too.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My buddies keep suggesting that? :lol:
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "GPster"I thought we might get pictures of the rack and pinion set-up. To add a little bit of history to that body style with the bullet nose ('51?) form when I was a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club. The same designer that put the bullet in front of the '49 and'50 Fords was supposed to have had a falling out with Ford and went to work for Lowey (?) and put the bullet there. That Stude body style was also very prevelent in the first "Muppet Movie" and during some of the scenes it was being driven by a miget/dwarf using a closed circuit camera aimed out of the bullet. What is your planned ride height? GPster

I will post the rack info  this week end. I am lowering the rear more and possible cutting the front springs. Need it low!
Don Colliau

GPster

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "phat46"Cool, how about some details?  I wonder if anyone has ever turned the body around on one of those Starlight  Coupes!?  That rear window would make a great windsheid too.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My buddies keep suggesting that? :lol:
I'd be afraid that theyare tempered glass rather than safety glass. Just think of all the windshield wipers you would need. GPster