Tv cable

Started by Learpilot, December 28, 2006, 05:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

I just got my  700R4 in my Dodge. I drove it today and it shifts real slow from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4. On the tv cable I got a Holley bracket adapted to my Road Demon. I think as far as I can tell it has about 1.1 inch radius (I used a scale that reads in 10ths). The holley bracket is real simular to the Demon.  
I started with the Carb WOT and pulled the tv cable out as far as I could and locked it down. Which way should I go longer or shorter ?  
Thanks for all your help !!!
Rick Harris

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Learpilot"I just got my  700R4 in my Dodge. I drove it today and it shifts real slow from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4. On the tv cable I got a Holley bracket adapted to my Road Demon. I think as far as I can tell it has about 1.1 inch radius (I used a scale that reads in 10ths). The holley bracket is real simular to the Demon.  
I started with the Carb WOT and pulled the tv cable out as far as I could and locked it down. Which way should I go longer or shorter ?  
Rick Harris

From my 700 info page :

QuoteWhen finished one way to test the TV cable linkage setup is to take off in first with normal acceleration and then when the trans does the 1-2 shift nail it and it should kick back down into 1st. I adjust mine to the point where it wouldn't do the downshift and then back the other way one click at a time with the slider until it will. Make sure pressing the pedal to the floor gives you WOT (wide open throttle) and the pedal isn't hitting the carpet or something

Also the radius you talk about is one part of the equation.  The other is the angle back from bottom the attach point should be at.  If this is a bracket made for the the carb/700 combo it should be right, but it just takes a second to check.  That info is on that page also.  Take the time to get it right and you will be a happy camper :D .

c ya,

Sum

Learpilot

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "Learpilot"I just got my  700R4 in my Dodge. I drove it today and it shifts real slow from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4. On the tv cable I got a Holley bracket adapted to my Road Demon. I think as far as I can tell it has about 1.1 inch radius (I used a scale that reads in 10ths). The holley bracket is real simular to the Demon.  
Rick Harris

From my 700 info page :

QuoteWhen finished one way to test the TV cable linkage setup is to take off in first with normal acceleration and then when the trans does the 1-2 shift nail it and it should kick back down into 1st. I adjust mine to the point where it wouldn't do the downshift and then back the other way one click at a time with the slider until it will. Make sure pressing the pedal to the floor gives you WOT (wide open throttle) and the pedal isn't hitting the carpet or something

Also the radius you talk about is one part of the equation.  The other is the angle back from bottom the attach point should be at.  If this is a bracket made for the the carb/700 combo it should be right, but it just takes a second to check.  That info is on that page also.  Take the time to get it right and you will be a happy camper :D .

c ya,

Sum
I forgot to tell you that the bracket is for the 700R4 Holley Tv cable. I will try your suggestion. I am looking foward to driving with OVERDRIVE !
Rick Harris

Learpilot

Quote from: "Learpilot"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Rick Harris

From my 700 info page :

c ya,

Sum
I forgot to tell you that the bracket is for the 700R4 Holley Tv cable. I will try your suggestion. I am looking foward to driving with OVERDRIVE !
Rick Harris

I took it out for a test drive today and adjusted the TV cable the way you said and it works just fine. I wired the lock up converter without a relay for the brake and it also works great !
Thanks for all your info about the 700R4 transmission !!!
Rick Harris