Home made hot tanks

Started by rooster, December 29, 2006, 07:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

I read in a post on another forum where a guy placed a cast iron block in a plastic garbage can filled it with water and dumped in drain cleaner, he then had to wait 24 hours for the full effect! Anyone done this or have another idea ?

EMSjunkie

Seems ta me that you'd hafta get the water hot enough to loosen the stubborn stuff :?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

rooster

I placed some draino in a Metal bucket one time to clean my moms drain at her house, that was a wrong move the water in the bucket became viollent and hot instantly, it had to calm down a bit before I could dump it down the basement drain, I was wearing gloves! :shock:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "rooster"I placed some draino in a Metal bucket one time to clean my moms drain at her house, that was a wrong move the water in the bucket became viollent and hot instantly, it had to calm down a bit before I could dump it down the basement drain, I was wearing gloves! :shock:

I'm willing to bet it was a galvanized bucket. Galvanizing solution, lye, copper powder, oxygen and trace agents of muriatic powder make up the basics of a poor mans phosphorus in the poisonous yellow form, as a gas. Mixed with bleach, it creates a deadly nerve type gas that burns through the pores in the skin into the blood vessels, while breathing it makes it burn from the inside out. Basically the same type of chemical makeup that Hussein used on his people years ago in Iraq. All untraceable products that can be found in any Home Depot and grocery store, that also don't show up on spectrum analysis of air samples taken after it's use. It burns so hot as a gaseous form, it burns away any trace of itself so much, that standard testing will not find it like accelerants and flammable gasses like acetelyne are found. Atropine isn't any help even if it is available. Which explains why we didn't go kicking our toes through the sands overseas unless it was cleared by the Chem folks ahead of time.

Don't ask why I know this; just some crazy stuff I've had to learn over the years, especially when checking Grandma's handbag before she got on the plane... :shock:  :D

"Ma'am, what's that buzzing sound in your bag?"
"My cordless shaver... :oops: "
"Yeah, right....... :roll:  8)
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "rooster"I read in a post on another forum where a guy placed a cast iron block in a plastic garbage can filled it with water and dumped in drain cleaner, he then had to wait 24 hours for the full effect! Anyone done this or have another idea ?

Fume Free Easy Off oven cleaner, then steam cleaning and a blow dry, followed by a light mist of oil on the bare metal.

Or soak it in vinegar for 5-7 days. But oil the metal right after washing and drying or surface rust will appear in no time.

I remember the fights my mechanic grandfather had with my ceramics loving grandmother. It seems he was always using the kiln to dry out parts he had washed with solvent then steam cleaned when he worked on cars at home. That lasted until the day he put a few small parts in after cleaning them, then I promptly placed a bunch of his screwdrivers in that I had wiped clean, with out him knowing it. Needless to say, the handles melted all over the parts, I got a few layers of skin taken off my backside, and I had to work to pay him back for the tools I ruined.
I didn't know any better...I was only 7.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

rooster