O/T well ruin my day ! doctor visit.

Started by Dave, December 18, 2006, 05:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

The original idea was that they would have let me go home if all they did was go in and look. When they found the one blocked 90% and it's back-up blocked 50% and they went into the "stent proceedure" Then the stay went to overnight. With the IV in my left arm and all the electric leads on my chest (wrapped around my neck and coming out on the right side) it's kind of hard to move. It's a good thing I had the "Rat Fink"movie to watch but it's hard to lay reclined and watch a television that's 15' away while looking through bifocals. I don't think I would have made it home very well the same day anyway (2 1/2 hours of Interstate Holiday traffic after sundown with Linda driving). The doctor was surprised that I didn't show more symtoms but he hasn't been following my moods for the last year or my posts here since I put my truck project went up for sale in September. So I had an excuse, maybe my mood will get better. GPster

Dave

Hell im always in a good mood unless im at work :!:  I love what i do too its just that my boss and some other a holes stress me out. Sue just commented on that yesterday . she asked me how i was feeling and other than not sleeping as good as id like to i told her I felt fine. Then she said wait till next week  :cry:  Im really gonna hate going back but i need the money..
Dave

purplepickup

Joe, sorry to hear about how things are going but it sounds like they've fixed you up pretty good.  I almost missed your post cuz I hadn't read this thread.  

Take it easy, follow the Dr's instructions, and good luck.  See ya at the trailer redo. :D
George

SKR8PN

Quote from: "Bob Paulin"
Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "jusjunk"If i remember right when you had your accident you had a heart attack right :?:                                                                    No, I layed the bike down and ruptured my spleen. Got back on the bike while bleeding internally. Passed out at 40 MPH.
Did you have any heart damage and obiously (spelling  :?: )  Depends on the doctor looking at the Xray. This doctor said that they are normally not normal. This deal was colesterol build-up

ps: they didnt give me a lifting thing at all.:wink:
I think it's mostly to keep from tearing up my groin where they went in with the probe. GPster

I had a cardiac catheterization in 2000....everything went fine.

BUT, I had a blowout while in the hospital.

I pulled the emergency cord in the bathroom - where I was standing in a fast-growing pool of blood. Six nurses came running and - literally - clotheslined me back into bed where one of them climbed right in and put her fist in my groin with all her weight. (I believe I would prefer the sandbags, thank you!)

I had just gone through my eight-hours of lying still, and had permission to move around,

I think my mistake was to sit on the edge of the bed with my knee twisted up onto the edge of the bed - stretching THAT side of my groin.

Trust me....If you are limited to five pounds, you DO NOT want to lift ANYTHING over five pounds - or exceed five pounds worth of exertion, pulling or pushing on wrenches, etc. Personally, I would stick with FOUR pounds to be on the safe side.

I believe I can safely say you DO NOT want to experience a blowout.

I had tried to be released to go home, but they said they wanted to keep an eye on me overnight.  I am glad I was in the hospital when it happened, and not at home.

Nurse estimated I lost nearly a pint of blood in a few seconds, and I had several fist-sized bulges under the skin where blood had pooled.

Of course, the nurse circled these bulges with a Sharpie for the doctor to see, and I started to look like a Jersey cow.

B.P.

Bob,I had the very same problem when I had my stent installed!! I had my blow out while I was STILL in my 8 hour no movement time!!
The nurse that came in and saw the bloody mess, was a MALE nurse,and I had NO PROBLEM with him sticking his had in my groin to stop the bleeding. :lol:  :lol:  After the blowout,I was bruised from my belly button to my knees!! :shock:  :shock:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Dave

Well maybe i was lucky cause i was out of it!  Ya the heart attack kicked my azzz but i wasnt moving for 10 days...
Dave :arrow:  :wink:

Bob Paulin

Quote from: "SKR8PN"
Quote from: "Bob Paulin"
Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "jusjunk"If i remember right when you had your accident you had a heart attack right :?:                                                                    No, I layed the bike down and ruptured my spleen. Got back on the bike while bleeding internally. Passed out at 40 MPH.
Did you have any heart damage and obiously (spelling  :?: )  Depends on the doctor looking at the Xray. This doctor said that they are normally not normal. This deal was colesterol build-up

ps: they didnt give me a lifting thing at all.:wink:
I think it's mostly to keep from tearing up my groin where they went in with the probe. GPster

I had a cardiac catheterization in 2000....everything went fine.

BUT, I had a blowout while in the hospital.

I pulled the emergency cord in the bathroom - where I was standing in a fast-growing pool of blood. Six nurses came running and - literally - clotheslined me back into bed where one of them climbed right in and put her fist in my groin with all her weight. (I believe I would prefer the sandbags, thank you!)

I had just gone through my eight-hours of lying still, and had permission to move around,

I think my mistake was to sit on the edge of the bed with my knee twisted up onto the edge of the bed - stretching THAT side of my groin.

Trust me....If you are limited to five pounds, you DO NOT want to lift ANYTHING over five pounds - or exceed five pounds worth of exertion, pulling or pushing on wrenches, etc. Personally, I would stick with FOUR pounds to be on the safe side.

I believe I can safely say you DO NOT want to experience a blowout.

I had tried to be released to go home, but they said they wanted to keep an eye on me overnight.  I am glad I was in the hospital when it happened, and not at home.

Nurse estimated I lost nearly a pint of blood in a few seconds, and I had several fist-sized bulges under the skin where blood had pooled.

Of course, the nurse circled these bulges with a Sharpie for the doctor to see, and I started to look like a Jersey cow.

B.P.

Bob,I had the very same problem when I had my stent installed!! I had my blow out while I was STILL in my 8 hour no movement time!!
The nurse that came in and saw the bloody mess, was a MALE nurse,and I had NO PROBLEM with him sticking his had in my groin to stop the bleeding. :lol:  :lol:  After the blowout,I was bruised from my belly button to my knees!! :shock:  :shock:

I gotta' tell ya', I had a smallish female nurse - about 50 y.o. - into my groin with her bony fist.....what seemed to be up to her elbow - but when I realized just how I much I was actually bleeding I would have been thankful to have had Michael Jackson, Richard Simmons, or RuPaul there.....anybody!

Yep, I too was very colorful between the belly and thighs.....going from a rich, deep purple to a sickly yellow.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

GPster

Another thing that can open you up is typing. After my responce to Bob I must have opened myself up a little from sitting in my chair. Just to be safe I'm standing now. GPster

enjenjo

I had no blowouts with my heart cath, but it sure hurt for several days.:shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I had no blowouts with my heart cath, but it sure hurt for several days.:shock:

Ditto .  My heart cath was in 1999.  

I went back to work earlier than the doctor wanted. I did not lift much weight for a week.

Still got the scar from the cath experience
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

KustomLincolnLady

Wow!!!  Geez Joe, you were in bad shape :(   Sure glad that you paid attention to your BETTER 1/2  :lol:
Glad to hear your on the mend, you'll feel so much better now that you won't know what to do with all that energy!!
Debb

GPster

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Wow!!!  Geez Joe, you were in bad shape :(   Sure glad that you paid attention to your BETTER 1/2  :lol:
Glad to hear your on the mend, you'll feel so much better now that you won't know what to do with all that energy!!
Debb
Unless I've lost track ther is a BBQ rebuild in March, Indy in June plus a HAMB thing down the river from me, Bonneville in August and probably something in Fort Wayne in early fall. I feel better just thinking about it and I got a book that I'll open tomorrow with about 360 empty pages in it. GPster