HELP! I have a Ford cLutch problem!

Started by SKR8PN, April 21, 2004, 08:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKR8PN

Neighbor "Poofed" the Mazda 5 speed trans in his 1993 Ranger 4X4. He brought me the truck and a "good used transmission" from a 1994(so we were told) year Exploder.The slave cylinder for the throwout bearing was different,so it was replaced with a "NEW" ford unit and new LUK clutch disc and pressure plate. No matter HOW I try to bleed the system,I cannot get enough throwout bearing movement to allow the clutch to release.I have even removed the master cylinder for the clutch and tried to plaace it so ALL the air could escape when bleeding it. As much as I have bleed it,I find it hard to believe there is ANY air in the system. Any ideas as to what the problem is?????
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

enjenjo

Uhhh... It's broke?

Kidding aside, we had this problem with a Ranger one time, turned out the rubber boot/seal in the master cylinder was plugging the port, and not allowing enough volume of fluid through the lines. Felt a bit dumb when we found the problem after two days of bleeding.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

Quote from: "enjenjo"Uhhh... It's broke?

Kidding aside, we had this problem with a Ranger one time, turned out the rubber boot/seal in the master cylinder was plugging the port, and not allowing enough volume of fluid through the lines. Felt a bit dumb when we found the problem after two days of bleeding.

If you are talking about the seal on the lid,I tried it with and without the lid and the seal............This thing almost acts like the master cylinder is bad,but it was working perfectly,till the front bearing in the trans came apart!

tomslik

Quote from: "SKR8PN"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Uhhh... It's broke?

If you are talking about the seal on the lid,I tried it with and without the lid and the seal............This thing almost acts like the master cylinder is bad,but it was working perfectly,till the front bearing in the trans came apart!

we use LUK all the time, usually don't even have to bleed 'em!
do you have access to a pressure bleeder?

if not, try pumping the living * out of it (not bleeding, just pumping)untill your leg falls off and then let it sit for a 1/2 hour and see what THAT does for ya.

these can be a real b astard to deal with...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

SKR8PN

FINALLY........after another "bleeding" session  :x  :x

What I ended up doing,was,removing the master cylinder for the clutch,(AGAIN!),rolling it and tipping it,while continuously adding more brake fluid to the resovoir. After running a quart of brake fluid thru it,I reinstalled the master cylinder and by GOLLY........we had clutch function :-o

WHAT  A   P.I.T.A.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: