Just for the Big Rig types.

Started by Carnut, December 16, 2006, 04:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Boy, Normspeed's son Rick better not see this.  He'll be looking for Santa (Norm) to bring him one for Christmas.  Looks like the full size model that Rick drives.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

purplepickup

This one was at Bonneville last year.  It's not as small as the one in your picture but it's only about the size of a pickup.  The name on the side said Manse, but I can't find any info on web.  It might be home made.

George

Sean

There's a fella' lives near me that built one by hand. He used a 48 Dodge pickup cab as the starting point, then hand fabbed the frontend, grille, and a sleeper. It looks just like a miniature, old Kenworth. It took him 7 or 8 years to build, but he drives it nearly every day.

I had a few pictures of it, but I can't remember what CD they're on. Thats my main problem with digital pictures. I have so many CD's full of photographs, that it takes me an hour or so to find anything. I need some kind of organizing system... :roll:

Carnut

Quote from: "Sean"There's a fella' lives near me that built one by hand. He used a 48 Dodge pickup cab as the starting point, then hand fabbed the frontend, grille, and a sleeper. It looks just like a miniature, old Kenworth. It took him 7 or 8 years to build, but he drives it nearly every day.

I had a few pictures of it, but I can't remember what CD they're on. Thats my main problem with digital pictures. I have so many CD's full of photographs, that it takes me an hour or so to find anything. I need some kind of organizing system... :roll:

I keep all of my 78,000+ pics on backup 250gig USB drives.

Keep them in folders by year and by show.

Gave up on CD backups about 8 yrs ago.

Sean

Quote from: "Carnut"

What if something happens to the USB Drives? Is there a way to retrieve whats on them if they become non-functional; or is the data lost for good?

Carnut

Quote from: "Sean"

What if something happens to the USB Drives? Is there a way to retrieve whats on them if they become non-functional; or is the data lost for good?

I have 4ea 250 gig drives, when one fails I throw it away and buy another one.

Crosley.In.AZ

Sounds like you have back ups for the back ups?

:(D)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carnut

Quote from: "Crosley"

Sounds like you have back ups for the back ups?

:(D)

Yep, two webservers with 120 gig drives, keypounding machine with 120gig drive, and 4ea 250 gig usb drives, I do like having a lot of places to keep my stuff spread around.

Actually 2ea 250 gig usb drives are attached to my keypounding machine, so I just save everything to c: e: and f:.

Each of my webservers have a 250gig usb drive attached so when I upload pics to the webservers I also upload pics to the webserver usb drives.

I can actually run my websites just from my 250gig usb drives if I want to.

Used to run 4 webservers online with two of those being backups but now just run two webservers with backup drives.

Ran my webservers off a SWBell DSL connection for 7yrs of trouble free service, this summer AT&T decided it didn't like having all us old 'legacy' type setups so I had a Full T1 Connection installed in October. So far the T1 is working well, so all my pics are available online.