What we did today

Started by Carps, December 16, 2006, 06:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

here http://www.ozrodders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=11283&start=0 is what we did today.

What is happening in your neck of the woods to help someone in need enjoy a happier christmas?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

chopped

Toys for tots at Summit racing Atlanta. Going out to hose off the 36. Chilly even in Ga.  looking for mid 70's by mid day though.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Carps"here http://www.ozrodders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=11283&start=0 is what we did today.

What is happening in your neck of the woods to help someone in need enjoy a happier christmas?

Myself, and a couple of folks who work with me occasionally, put up Christmas lights for the elderly folks who can't do it any more. There's alot of trailer parks, 55 and older associations and retirement places down here, and some of the elders can't climb the ladders and crawl through the bushes anymore.

So every year that I'm home for December I leave my name with the management of some of these places, and they put a little something in writing in the weekly bulletins with my number on it to let the people know.

We don't charge any money. We work for coffee and sandwiches, cupcakes, cookies etc. and if the folks are having a hard time, then a bottle of water is usually payment enough. It's alot of fun and very gratifying to the people who can't get out and around anymore.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

See.........I knew you had a soft feminine side :-o

since the little 'ole dudes can't creep thru the bushes any more.........humm......
and you work for Homeland Security..................sumpthin' sound fishy here :?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****